Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:33 PM   #1
LT7

Just a picture of a Tiger that I took at the Zoo in January. What do you folks think? Do you like it?

LT
Attached Images

LT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:09 PM   #2

LT this one has a problem with the focus. Also it seems the right shutter speed was not used. I can see very slight camera shake. But lovely subject.

Regards.

Jaki.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 4:08 AM   #3

Aumma45 wrote:
Quote:
LT this one has a problem with the focus. Also it seems the right shutter speed was not used. I can see very slight camera shake. But lovely subject.

Regards.

Jaki.

yea i agree with jaki here

my biggest concern is the image is under exposed (which can be easily fixed in ps) and yea the motion blur is slightly present in this shot. however a great capture of a great subject

hope u don tmind my take on it.

ken

Attached Images

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 8:04 AM   #4
LT7

Thanks Jaki and Ken, I appreciate it. This is why I posted to check with the experts on their opinions. I will have to reshoot this one I think when it gets warmer outside. Yeah you both are correct on the blur, I saw it licking it's paw and hurried the shot too I think which always never helps.

I had also shot this picture through the plexiglass diagonally, and so if you looked at certain parts of the tiger it seemed out of focus which I think may have been caused by extra refraction caused by the plexiglass.

Ken,

Thanks for the edit. I don't mind at all.

Thanks for looking and especially the comments. I really appreciate it. Regards.

LT
Old Mar 26, 2006, 8:53 AM   #5

LT,

What time of day was this shot? Sorry...but the exposure seems a little too pushed for my tastes. It makes him look like a tired old tiger when you look at the fur on his back.
RedRhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 9:21 AM   #6

While agreeing with the abovementined issues, I am very pleased that you managed to capture this moment which makes this tiger seem simply as a pretty big cat:-)
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 9:37 AM   #7

Yes... the expression is great!
RedRhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 3:32 PM   #8
LT7

Thank you both RedRhino and Bahadir, it was the middle of January, and around 10:30am, it was also in the corner of it's pen. It is was on the corner of the Cat complex here at the local Zoo. So you get to view it from inside or walk around outside to see it from outside. Howeverto get this close, I had to shoot through the Plexiglass. I was afraid if I ran outside to take it, the moment may be over.

I too liked it for the expression, and as Bahadir says, it just makes it look like a BIG tame kitty.

LT