Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 25, 2006, 3:00 PM   #1

I was moved by this unnoticed mother and son group who seemed to be gazing the living with an unintelligible interest.
I just wanted to convey this impression of mine. Would like to hear your comments about how much I managed.
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 25, 2006, 8:52 PM   #2

Just a sugestion: try to make a little bit more clear andbrighterthe scene, because for me was hard to see the details and the "gazing" is, again -for me, hard to see.

Best wishes!
vidiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 9:11 PM   #3

My first impression is that I'd like the scene to be a bit brighter as well, but upon further reflection I really like this. I really want to know what they are thinking. It has an eerie quality to it. This is a statue?
JamesB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 10:39 PM   #4

I think this is the kind of photo that does not need details. The play between light and shadows brings out the maximum effect - yes gazing at the living with unintelligible interest - just enough light to say what it is they are gazing at gives it a mood of mystery but indeed a mood of disinterest. I think you captured this and I give you my vote.

Jaki.

Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 7:59 AM   #5

Thanx for your cosideration , vidiac. The best way to achive your suggestion I believe,is to take two pictures at different exposure values and merge them in the PS. It is easy enough to do this by using the bracketing spec.of the camera(mine does not have it!!) or using a tripod and setting the values manually or else the result may seem unnatural(I could not attain a proper one up to date!!Maybe it is because my Photoshop elements 2 is too weak to do this).

Thank you, James. That's correct, this is a statue group.
( Except for the crowd at the backgroud:G )
I deliberately wanted the silhouette look in order to hide the statue-like details of the figure. So they also arose a sense of suspence in you? I liked this, too..

Thank you for your appreciation Jaki as well as your fresh interpretation about their disinterest. In fact, this is usually the case in statues when they are among people. Especially in Egyptian art where the figures are not meant to be displayed to the eyes of mortals, but for eternity...
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote