Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 28, 2006, 1:13 AM   #1

Hi everyone, I've placed these photos in the landscape section as there are more then one, but I'd really appreciate an honest critique. Here is the address:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...jump_to=495424

Thanks in advance.
JohnReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2006, 9:46 AM   #2
LT7

Lovely John, just lovely. I like them all. I would be proud if I had taken those.Nice scenery, I just have flat prairie lands which right now offers nothing much until it gets a little warmer. Regards.
LT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 10:08 AM   #3

Fantastic John - see my comments there. Really like No 5
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 12:58 PM   #4

Hi John,

Nice shots! I think I'm with Steve that #5 is my favourite.

A few comments:

#1: This would be my favourite by quite a long way if that peninsula ended on a third, instead of close to the centre of the shot. I love the jagged texture of the rocks in the foreground contrasting with the smoothness of the water. The light is perfect.

#2: I like this a lot, too. I'd have liked to have seen this from a lower perspective, though. Maybe get right down onto the beach next time (if you can)?

#3: Still an excellent shot, but doesn't quite grab me like the others. Light's not quite as stunning as the others.

#4: I like the texture in, and the light on the sand a lot. Well composed with the horizon on a 3rd.

#5: My favourite. Wonderful textures, and light. The sun hitting the waves/rocks at the bottom left makes the shot for me.

#6: Really nice light on the rocks in the foreground. I find the stack at the right a little bit too dominating. Waves breaking nicely on a third. I might try this one from a little farther back, to give the stack more context.

I've nitpicked somewhat here John, but I figured you wanted a critique. These are all sweet shots that would look great hanging on your wall.

Best,

-Ben

oBSidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2006, 12:27 AM   #5

Thanks everyone

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"LT7 - then man behind the smoke, I've been wanting to try shots like yours ever since I saw them, I'm guessing you need a macro lens? Thanks for the comment.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Steve - Got your comment, thank you. Interesting avatar btw. I'm sure there is a great story behind it?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Obsidian - Thanks so much for nitpicking, with so many phtos possibilities at the spot,its really helpful to have suggestions for improvement. Thanks again.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Cheers
JohnReid is offline   Reply With Quote