Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 30, 2006, 5:05 PM   #11

LT7 wrote:
Quote:
P/S - Ken,
I'm interested to know how you added the end of the tail to that picture?

A whole lot of cloning. I just extended the image down to where i thoght the tail might end and creatd a laso outline of the shape i thought the tail would be and then cloned in the textures. i did the same to bring the background down tot he same level as the tail. I did the edit on my laptop computer withthe silly touchpad i will try again maybe later today on my desktop to try to get better results.

Ohh yea i should hav taken out the other lizard. ok maybe the next attempt

ken

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2006, 12:04 AM   #12

LT thanks for looking. Can't help the green background as this was part of the surrounding area. See how we can get limited by the environment. Now this is why I like this forum, you get to know fine details that you would otherwise miss. As you can see I have made many changes because of the useful advice from the forum.

Ken, no problem editing. Very kind of you to have made the effort. We always learn this way. I shall have to try and see how you did it. Regards.

LadyHawkVA always look forward to your comments.

Thanks all folks for looking.

Jaki.

Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2006, 4:39 AM   #13

You did real well here Jaki.

Kind regards,

Syd
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2006, 6:07 AM   #14

Syd thanks very much for the kind comments. Trying hard to climb the ladder. :G Jaki.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 8:18 AM   #15

Your shot, as stated above, is great for its colours, pose and sharpness. I think it can safely be used as an advertisement for the camera you use :-)
Ken's edit is not only an improvement for proving the rest of the tail but also a smooter green background which otherwise proved to be distracting. Yet I see a slight loss in the saturation compared with your final edit which might degrade the energy of the exotic subjec, IMO.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2006, 8:25 AM   #16

Bahadir, grateful for the erudite comment but especially for the support. I feel very encouraged. Regards. Jaki.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 8:32 AM   #17

really nice detail in the iguana jaki, your patience not only impresses me but paid off nicely for you here!¬* i don't find the background noisy, i think it is just the texture of the wall or whatever, that is¬* seeming that way.¬* i like your last edit, without the 2nd iguana...i don't need the whole tail, though it would've been nice had it been possible, maybe you could slip him some cash next time to pose for you . a very nice effort here, you should be proud of this one!
julies517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2006, 11:07 PM   #18

Oh yah Julie, the background is what was there - I mean the environement. The lighting was very good and the grainy appearance couldn't possibly be the result of the poor light. Thanks you for taking your time and looking and for the kind words. Jaki.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 12:51 AM   #19

Hi Jaki...cool lizard shot, I must say. I took the liberty of doing an edit. I'm afraid curiousity got the better of me. I tried to carry on the natural lines of the area of wood etc. to clone out the other lizard. I added a bit more foliage to the left of the lizrard. Smoothed out some of the green and lightened some of it to try to draw attention to el lizardo's head. It was fun, and I hope I did not trespass. The original was very good, well done.

Kd
Attached Images

KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:29 AM   #20

Ken what is important for me is whether you had the fun and enjoyed what you were doing. No trespassing here. I do that myself and it has given me vast opportunities to learn. I look at your edit and see how I could have done better. Thanks for looking and for the comments. Regards. Jaki