Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 30, 2006, 6:35 PM   #1

Nothing special here, but since most of you commented on my brothers pictures (PhotoPro) saying how there is still stuff in these Asylums , Wheel Chairs etc.. I thought I post this to show even the Insane had entertainment back than.
Attached Images

Geminichild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2006, 4:26 AM   #2

This is quite an atmospheric shot. Gets the imagination wondering about past events and happenings around there.

Those floor tiles curling up like that makes this shot quite surrealistic too. The placement of the Snooker/pool cues also gives this shot a real sense of reality.

Incidently, I worked as a Registered Nurse for many, many, years in psychiatric institutions such as these. Over here in England many of the old asylums/hospitals date back a couple of hundred years. Even when they were open and running they could be pretty spooky. Nearly all have now closed, some being sold and turned into luxury apartments! I have wondered about returning with my camera but usually there's security. How do you bypass security? Or is there none?

Also, do you ever get spooked? Feel or sense anything, residual energy from days gone by etc?

Regards,

Syd
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2006, 6:34 AM   #3

Yea sometmes we get spooked, hear noises but see nothing etc.. Makes you freeze in your tracks. Yes there is security , as for getting in before sunrise is always good LOL. You might want to join an urban exploring forum they have a section for europe and you can get to know people and try and hook up to go exploring with.

http://www.uer.ca/
Geminichild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2006, 8:48 AM   #4

that floor is really scaring me!
julies517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2006, 11:52 AM   #5

i think you could do a lot of creative dodging and burning, especially burning, here, to make it more of an interesting shot w/ more immediate punch when someone sees it. right now i think the photo is sort of the same all the way across, not accentuating any subject. i would burn the edges up to and around the pool table to put more emphasis on it. great potential here.
johnsonM86 is offline   Reply With Quote