Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 2, 2006, 9:55 PM   #1

The original color/contrast of the tree didn't appeal to me , so I added some contrast & lightened the shadows some, & of course usm. Wondering if you like the results.

Thanks, Kath
Attached Images

lizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:28 PM   #2

Hi Kath,

This subject material is really outside of my comfort area. Having said that... I think this sibject presents some wonderful texture but it seems lost when presented against the bark belonging to the tree on the right. The trunk to the left contasts must better. The angle of the head also seem hidden by the background. Some selective shrpening of the bird and background blur would probably help alot. All of this unfortunate because I find the bird's position very interesting and somewhat unique. I can only imagine how difficult capturing an image such as this is!!! Overall... interesting subject. Thanks for sharing. I hope you can share another soon.

RedRhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:50 AM   #3

Kath you have been posting some unique stuff on the forum and this is one of them. I have looked hard and carefully and I think that I agree with RedRhino. Interesting subject indeed. Interesting environment too. Please keep posting. Regards. Jaki
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:08 AM   #4

Beautiful bird. I will defer to the others regarding PP suggestions. I hope you get more opportunities like this.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:31 PM   #5

Thanks guys for the feedback. Hmmm, selective sharpening, I'll have to look into that. Ideally, I would like to get a great pic right out of the camera, but finding that is not to be!! I'll try again and be back.

Thanks, Kath
lizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote