Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 3, 2006, 5:52 AM   #1

Hey all,

I had a weekend in Spain and was lucky enough to go to Toledo. Absolutely fantastic city! I took a 3 shot pano and got the attached result.

A question for our very own Pano queen... I use the photomerge element of Photoshop - is there anything else (free!) that can produce good results that you (or anybody else) would recommend? Also when using this tool there is a "Normal" or "Perspective" option - what is the best or is it dependant on the shot?

I hope you enjoy my shot. I will be posting more from Toledo soon...

Dom
Attached Images

DomCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:06 AM   #2

hi there,

I think I need to have a play with this. Looks like close to out of camera, so could use some ps boosts.. Well stitched though.
LBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:11 AM   #3

Hi thanks so much - means a lot.

So that you know I took three photos here and merged. The only adjustments were to the exposure across the three shots as the sun was real bright. Just made the skies match.

I was so excited at the result that I didn't look any further I was just smiling to myself! It prints out really nice too...

Thanks again,
Dom
Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:17 AM   #4

G'day there Dom,

I like pano shots alot and this is no exception. The only gripe I did have with it was that is wasn't wide enough. The right hand border seems to want to make the viewer search for those extra building and an finishing edge. Seems too cut off and hard for my liking.

Other than that though looks like a nice place to visit and I find myself a tad envious of you.

Job well done mate

Ollie
Ollie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:19 AM   #5

Hi and thanks.

I could have done a complete 360 the location was fabulous! With the one exception of a huge crane cropped out of shot on the right! It was only about 200 meters in front of me and really was an eyesore - I am good at cloning but not that good!

Dom