Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 3, 2006, 6:39 PM   #1

idk if this appeals to anyone but i went for the glow effect here, obviously.
let me know what you think.

taken w/ the lensbaby 2.0 and 20D.

there are also a few more of these cemetary shots if you want to check them out on my site, the link is http://www.pbase.com/mikej86/recent_uploads
thanks for anythin you have to say

-mj-
johnsonM86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 3, 2006, 8:35 PM   #2

i love it! very twilight zone-y.
julies517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 4:37 AM   #3

Great effect here Mike. Good use of that Lens Baby, gives the image an appropriate sense of perspective. The grain and contrast give it real atmosphere.

Is that a figure walking in the distance? A tree? Or is it just that Californian banana I had for breakfast? :?

Incidently, in Dom's recent reflection post he commented how he saw the glass building reflecting clouds and thought of "Syd" . . . well, you know how us photogs tend to look a little differently at things (imagining the shot), every so often I find myself looking at things I generally wouldn't, thinking "Mike Johnson would probably have taken a shot of that, from this or that angle . . ." The same goes for flower shots, I think"what did Julie say about reflecting the light using a board" . . . or I see a duck and immediately think of Dustin . . . or I see two dogs cuddling in the street and think of SteveDak . . . (or that darn Microsoft logo) . . . and Frank Doorhof has a lot to answer for too . . .

Thanks for the continuing inspiration you all give.

Mike your site is getting pretty impressive.
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 9:28 AM   #4

thanks a lot syd! you don't know how much i appreciate your nice comments. i'm trying to build a nice collection of stuff and will soon be throwing up my portfolio in a gallery. thanks a lot once again for your support and friendship on here, i'm glad you think of how i would photograph something, i want to establish a style, but i guess not typecast myself into a certain type of photo at the same time.

Thanks again!

-mj-
johnsonM86 is offline   Reply With Quote