Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 11, 2006, 2:50 PM   #21

Bloody scrum-halves, foreverfumbling the balland holding up scrums :G
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:21 AM   #22

Well, it's a curious game from my point of view. At least now I know why there seems to be every size guy under the sun playing rugby. I had a friend years ago who was about 5 ft 3 and quite stocky and knew he played rugby. Do you guys call it football? Is it the same game? I am going to browse the rules and learn a bit more. I come across games on TV and watch for a while. I love watching the forward progression of the ball by various means, and see there is definately method to their madness. And skill. Some seem to hang on to the ball until they are facing unbeatable odds then do the underhand forward pass thingy in a string of passes. Sometimes that is very well orchestrated. Thanks for the explanations, it's not at all difficult to see you guys love the sport...

Kd
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 4:16 AM   #23

KENNETHD wrote:
Quote:
Do you guys call it football? Is it the same game? ...

Kd
:lol:I'll let Steve, Frenchy or LTanswer that !! :lol:

[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]

In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 6:12 AM   #24

KENNETHD wrote:
Quote:
Do you guys call it football? Is it the same game?
It depends where you live. Its official name is Rugby Football but generally it's known as rugby only. We call soccer 'football', though I know the Australian's use the same name for Aussie Rules (now there's a strange sport). On top of that there are 2 types of rugby - Union and League (we're all Union afficionados - League is very dull). Union can be broken down into 2 forms - normal (15 men, 2 halves of 40 minutes each) and sevens (seven men, 12 halves of 7 minutes each). Sevens is normally played as a tournament and is a much faster (and therefore more knackering) game.

If you want to watch a great game of rugby try watching a team like New Zealand play - they are real risk-takers and as a result play some very exciting rugby. Steer clear of the England team at all costs for the moment - things aren't exactly going well.
frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 7:16 AM   #25

Look out for the Tri-nations series starting soon - annual three way event between New Zealand (All Blacks), Australia(Wallabies) and South Africa (Springboks). It's Rugby at it's absolute best andvery unforgiving.

Don't go near Rugby League - deathly boring and lacks the drama and good natured brutality of the Union game :G

SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote