Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 11, 2006, 1:08 AM   #11

Well there's retribution for you ....... whilst I was hitting the send button I absent mindedly reachedto one sideto put my cigarette out in the ashtray, missed itand dunked it in mymorning coffee:?
Attached Images

SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 1:31 AM   #12

SteveDak wrote:
Quote:
I was going to say something trite such as 'the sharpnessappears to be all in the knife' but thought that might have been a tad hurtful, knowing the sensitive soul that you are. Since you mentioned the intentional softness, I thought I'd say it anyway:G

Nice shot but I think these sort of compositions work best when they are sharp and contrasty?

You guys might be right...but it proves cats aren't the only ones who like to play with their food. I am waffling between rubbing my eyes and/or switching to my desktop monitor. My laptop, where I posted this...is very different from my crt monitor. I have thought up til now it was only a tonal thing. Maybe sharpness is different too. I know I liked the original, and I'll chuck it in here to hear what you guys think. Then I'll compare it with how it looks on my desk vs my laptop. I may have to PP on desky alone. Yes, yes, I AM working on the sensitivity thing!!! Society keeps sending mixed messages. You keep encouraging me in my use of bright colors and vegetables and then at the same time I've just read they've banned brokeback mountain in prisons up here...and chastized the guard who smuggled it in. (And all the sheep) So it'sno wonder my pictures get out of focus!:lol::!::G
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 1:34 AM   #13

Now there's retribution for you . . . there I was smoking a cigarette and slurping on a nice mug of coffee, reading the mornings posts, came accross Steve's post and laughed so much . . . I woke the wife up! Not good at being woken this early.

In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 1:45 AM   #14

Think I'd ratherlive witha cigarette butt in my morning coffee than Sybil snarling because her hibernation had been rudely interrupted :G
Old Apr 11, 2006, 1:51 AM   #15

Just as well really as we were getting complaints about her snoring . . . from the noise reduction department . . . in Japan. :lol:
Old Apr 11, 2006, 1:52 AM   #16

Good call....well while you guys are up for the day, I am off in a cloud of small rocks to slumber and snore...ta ta...best regards to the Sybils...

Kd
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 1:59 AM   #17

Sleep tight KD. . .

Now, I wouldn't say my Sybil is ugly in the morning, but she looks like she's chewing a bag full of spanners . . . :lol:

P.S. Once KD is sound asleep we can discuss and critique his pic honestly without fear of upsetting his sensitive nature.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 3:15 AM   #18

In fact, why don't we try and get him banned whilst he's away - that would teach him not to leave his post (not our fault they're behind in everything in that part of the world) :G
Old Apr 11, 2006, 3:53 AM   #19

Don't you just love playing with food?
Attached Images

Old Apr 11, 2006, 3:55 AM   #20

or . . .
Attached Images