Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:03 AM   #1

The green pepper...
Attached Images

KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:19 AM   #2

ken,

even though i haven't yet had time to comment on the red pepper shot (will do so

now, LOVE IT!), i like the spontenaity of the red pepper shot much more.

this is too clean, where the red shot had that light bulb above your head feel.

this one lost the "real" for me.

scot

E.S. Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 1:32 AM   #3

Aha....great minds D O think alike. I deliberately left the scrabble of kitchen debri in the background as t h a t s the way it looks when I chop and dice my veggies. I thought it might ring a bell with the type of cook who, like me...makes a bit of a mess but enjoys the food rather than the technique and delicate measurements "real" cooks employ. For the "green" shot all I did was clone it out and crop to bow more to the "photography" guidelines to see the difference for myself. I too prefer the busy looking kitchen the other one depicts. My stir fry is next. Lovely comment (for me) Thanks...

Kd
Old Apr 12, 2006, 3:10 AM   #4

I see bananas !!

Seems like a strange sandwich your making there . . . and wot no eggs!

I like this shot but much prefer your red one.

SteveDak . . . NO POSTING YOUR PICS OF WHERE YOU'VE DRIBBLED YOUR COFFEE THIS MORNING PLEASE !!
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 6:30 AM   #5

Ken - you definitely have too much time on your hands :G

I like this as a fun shot but it's a pity you cropped the bananas and spring onions - just feel this sort of composition should show everything in its entirety. Still looking a bit soft on my screen - needs a bit of punchy contrast/saturation to liven it up a bit. Defintely got the taste buds going nontheless.
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 6:34 AM   #6

In search of Syd wrote:

Quote:
SteveDak . . . NO POSTING YOUR PICS OF WHERE YOU'VE DRIBBLED YOUR COFFEE THIS MORNING PLEASE !!
Haven't got the time for that today - too busy hanging your print in my city apartment.

Old Apr 12, 2006, 8:11 AM   #7

SteveDak wrote:
Quote:
Ken - you definitely have too much time on your hands :G

I like this as a fun shot but it's a pity you cropped the bananas and spring onions - just feel this sort of composition should show everything in its entirety. Still looking a bit soft on my screen - needs a bit of punchy contrast/saturation to liven it up a bit. Defintely got the taste buds going nontheless.
Hmmmm....what kind of monitor do you have as in crt or lcd? I am going to ask my young lad to give me his opinion, as his eye are so much younger than mine. Thanks for the look and comments. I am starting to think I'll shoot another veggir collage. Unless the sun comes out toady...uh, today. (Man...where are my reading glasses....)

Kd
Old Apr 12, 2006, 8:55 AM   #8

Never really asked him to be honest - didn't know there was a difference :?

Its crt but in fairness, I haven't calibrated in a while. Beginning to wonder as some of my pics are looking a bit softish
Attached Images

Old Apr 12, 2006, 1:36 PM   #9

No offense Ken, but those are the saddest green onions I've seen in quite a while. You didn't eat those did you? They look overdue for the bin. The peppers are making me hungry though.
JunixRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 3:49 PM   #10

JunixRose wrote:
Quote:
No offense Ken, but those are the saddest green onions I've seen in quite a while. You didn't eat those did you? They look overdue for the bin. The peppers are making me hungry though.
Green onions don't like our fridge. (too much other green stuff to compete with) Actually, I used to chuck'em when they looked that way, but now, I find it's all camoflage. Just slide off a layer or two, and they look brand new. The stringy look of the green part of the onion caught my eye, and I like the effect. Right after my next shopping expedtion I will remake some of these. Looking at Scots wonderful colors in his posts have inspired me. Oh, ya...did I eat these? Not all of'em but I did chop up a few and chuck'm in my stir fry. Keep the comments coming, I am not offended at all. I might just end up being a better photographer, a n d a better cook to boot!

Kd