Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 12, 2006, 11:31 AM   #1

The Simpsons . . .
Attached Images

In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2006, 3:33 AM   #2

Geez! Where is Dustin when you need him? He'd positivly adore this shot . . .
Old Apr 13, 2006, 4:59 AM   #3

Pity you could not have pulled back and caught the rear of the van. Guess thats probably because there was another car there? I like the selective colouring. Like I say I think it would have contrasted more if the van took up less space in the shot.

Nice snap shot.
LBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2006, 5:31 AM   #4

My dear LBoy,

I think we all realize from certain irrelavances you like to often mention in your posts that you;
  1. are a professional photographer flying all over the world [/*]
  2. have large blown up prints in your apartments [/*]
  3. have the very best in camera equipment and lenses [/*]
  4. spent many months as a photojournalist for a well known tabloid [/*]
  5. your pictures are highly sought after [/*]
  6. etc. etc etc.[/*]
Me on the other hand have only been playing with photography a couple of years and only have the most budget equipment. Still I enjoy it and find this forum a great learning experience and have made a few genuine friends along the way.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 5:39 AM   #5

Jees,

Leave it out Syd...

Really who is the one trying to cause disruption here. What is your problem. I have reluctentlygiven private information because I am repeatedly asked. Only to have it listed subjectively as above.

Seriously... if you don't want me to comment further on your shots then just tell me once.

I gave you my honest opinion on the last few posts. Quite bluntly. However it was purely about the photography.

I still think you could select your posts more carefully and real critique might be supported.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 5:51 AM   #6

Very niceley edited above post I note

LBoy wrote:
Quote:
I gave you my honest opinion on the last few posts. Quite bluntly. However it was purely about the photography.

So you are telling me that this was a purely clinical critique on the photography . . .

"I would like to ask.... Why do you really want a critique on this. ???? Really I would like to know what you are expecting to hear, other than the usual praise from the frequent flyer's?

I know this is going to stick out as less than friendly, however its not my intention at all.

Really like so many others, I baffled for the reason of the posting. 100 posts of similar or for that matter snaps of various objects is hardly stretching yours or our imaginations Syd.

The forum is really trashed don't you think. No real content any more and certainly no real critique. I mean everyone has left.

I really sorry for this Syd. Your obviously a good guy and from what I've seen on some occasions - a fine photographer, but maybe requesting a page of your own from Steve would be a better way to go ??"

Now, would you like me to critique your critique here and analyse your puported "However it was purely about the photography"

Gimme a break Lorraine, I'm not stupid and neither is any one else on here.

And let's notforget the arrogant sarcasm here either . . .

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=90

Old Apr 13, 2006, 6:16 AM   #7

It is about the photography.

Although a bit long winded, I was saying its impossible to critique the strawberryshot. Not wanting to beat it to death. Therewas nothing to critique.

I think your only annoyed because you also know this. Tell me what you think is good about the strawberry shot?

Advice to think about your composition is after all about the photography whether you like it or not.

Advice is free. Take it or leave it. Anyway why has this been brought over to this post, when I purely critiqued and gave my thoughts on your photograph above?

Anyway again, sorry if you felt annoyed, if you read again I'm sure you will see it is meant well and not in a bad way.

Old Apr 13, 2006, 6:25 AM   #8

Again, very nicely edited and toned down above post.

LBoy wrote:
Quote:
Sorry if you felt annoyed, if you read again I'm sure you will see it is meant well and not in a bad way.

I don't feel annoyed in the slightest. Still I accept your apology.

Have a nice day. :blah: