Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 15, 2006, 10:02 AM   #11

Dear collegue, I appreciate the effort you put and liked your tasteful crop.
Still I'd say, if you rotated the original image 5 degrees to the right(contrary to your rotation direction in the last edit) you did not have to crop the entablature on the columns, which could make a beautiful border to the picture.
Looks like you're on the energetic side :-)
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2006, 11:33 AM   #12

Gread idea Badahir and thanks again for your comments. I'll do it some of these days (have to go now) but i think there is potential here. A quick preview now:
Attached Images

JaviZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2006, 1:49 PM   #13

Will be awaiting your full edit which I believe, will do justice to all these pleasurable efforts :-)
Old Apr 15, 2006, 5:38 PM   #14

ok... here you have them, BW and color version. Some clonning did the work, well i think so!

Color:
Attached Images

Old Apr 15, 2006, 5:45 PM   #15

Even when i prefer this BW i think i enjoy that diagonals from my previous BW version. I think that picture leads you from the left bird to the other two, also showing the view from someone trying desperately to scape from those assassin birds.

Anyway here you have, i think this is a more "normal" composition shot and perhaps a more pleasant view of some nice arrangement birds. Please comment... thanks!
Attached Images

Old Apr 16, 2006, 2:31 PM   #16

Quite pleased to see the latest versions, Javiz. I was beginning to wonder what you were going to do with the missing left bottom corner :blah:
Well done!
The problem is, once a work is finished it cannot remain the inner aesthetical object of its creator anymore but of everone who perceives it(regardless of its proprietor).
If you attribute the doves a scary quality than you are right to display the image as it is in the fifth version.
Yet, if you take my mainstream:-)approach, I associate the orderly sequence of their flight with the theme of the classical architectural design of the background. In this case, please forgive me if I have to say, you've missed the top cornice of the entablature (the natural border of the image) due to slight leaning horizon towards the left handside.
Anyway, as late Gombrich had once stated, there's no Art but artist... How much do I agree with this...Let's leave it for some other time.

Rgds,

Bahadır.
Old Apr 16, 2006, 11:40 PM   #17

Thx once again for your comments badahir. Can you believe it? I forgot to crop the picture again to include the whole entablature of that Scala columns!!! In fact i worked on the 800 width jpg image instead of the original...
I just concentrated clonning the necesary parts without checking the crop again... i think it was too late in the night here for that job... it will be for the future.

It makes a lot of sense what you posted above (the whole thread), i really appreciate your comments... but i think i will keep this as "future work", i'm a bit tired of playing with this shot. Anyway i think i'm gonna print the angled BW in the near future, perhaps adding some dark frame (again future work in PS).