Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 20, 2006, 2:07 AM   #41

Thanks for all of that Paul - I personally find itvery interesting todiscover the story behind the picture, especially in instances like this. History is such an important aspect of our existence and I am passionate about the need for preservation of all types of heritage sites. Sadly not all societies have shared this view and the world is a poorer place for it in instances whererelics of the past have been allowed to literally disappear into the ground orbe vandalised. History has much to teach us - pity we haven't heeded it's lessons more, inrecenttimes.
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2006, 6:41 AM   #42

Glad you found this series interesting and worth a look, Steve!

Happy to share these moments with you, Sydand any other folk who looked...

I agree with you history is a very important part of humanity, both in the past and our current civilisation/s and lives. Sad so many people don't respect or value the lessons to be learned from it, and beauty / uniqueness to be appreciated from historical sites.

I also value nature VERY much, and I find it sad that many special places of the world are not used safely, wisely. I'm all for development, but not in a "let's make the quick bucks now" mentality, ignoring the future costs..

Tasmania (where I was born) is thankfully VERY aware to keep it's heritage (history and nature) in tact and preserved as much as possible. But then again... its' a "lucky country" (Australia) and I do sympathize with (economically) poorer countries for whom such tasks are harder... Because often the more economincally challenged have more historical aspects to them too....

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2006, 5:57 PM   #43

And for all those who have patiently waited.... here is the panoramic view from the westerly side of the fortress (looking out over some typical Transylvanian countryside).

Hope you enjoy it!

Please DO give me your comments, critiques, etc on this photo (pano!)

Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you

Paul
Attached Images

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 9:30 AM   #44

Very beautiful Pano, Paul. Other shots of the castle you sent at the cost of a sleepless night, also makes a lot sense. Belive me, non of them is extra. Upon seeing them I remember having overnighted in a castle on a hilltop around here with some friends when I was a student at the university. And we almost revived there with our songs, improvised theatrical dialogues and our torches!!
Thanks god, somebody!! was wise enough to make you show them. Can't believe the whole thing -no less than a fortress-came out from some stone remains beside a tree whose brunches we were discussing about!!!Such an anectode I'd say :-)
BTW, the water from the well is still available and very drinkable I believe..
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote