Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 23, 2006, 11:22 PM   #1

Photos were taken with my Digital Rebel XT (mine) and a Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 IS USM lens rented from Cal's Cameras in Newport Beach.

I've taken about 800 during the weekend trip out to Palm Springs for the wedding of my good friends Vlady and Katie. I was quite nervous doing the photography by myself but i think things went well. Here are a few samples of the hoards i still need to go through. I also have not spent any time cropping or editing these images. So they're just how they were shot except i resized them for web use.

Andrew LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 23, 2006, 11:37 PM   #2
mao

The shots seem well composed but in the bright sunlight, maybe a little fill flash to fill in the shadows of the faces. The rented lens looks pretty sharp. Mark
mao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2006, 12:02 AM   #3

Yeah. I did some testing before the ceremony with the fill flash (Speedlight 420ex) and didn't have much luck with it considering the distances I wanted to stay away to be non obstructive. The fill flash worked wonders during the reception since it was dark and indoors.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 12:07 AM   #4

i was so nervous about doin my first wedding!
all went well though, and it seems like it went well for you too.
as with every wedding, gotta watch those highlights, looks like some stuff is a bit blown out but not much you can do about that i guess, just post process 'em a bit.
good job w/ these hopefully the rest will turn out just as good and the couple will be pleased and impressed with your performance.

-mj-
johnsonM86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2006, 11:03 AM   #5
LT7

Nice Job on these, but was going to suggest the "Fill-Flash" too. It's a GREAT start! If you ever want to follow up on it.

I'm surprised they actually posed for you...I've actually heard people yell out at functions like these..."RUN, he has a Canon!", all kidding aside, good job, hope you had fun doing it, and it must be nice thatyou can rent the equipment for Canon and/or Nikon cameras. There aren't that many rental places for Minolta gear.

LT
LT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2006, 4:05 PM   #6

^^^ LoL. Actually I did hear that a few times from friends who were dumbfounded by the size of the lens i was shooting with. A few girls made comments "about the size of my lens". It was great!

Here is a cool shot from the reception of the girl who caught the boquet! (her boyfriend was running for cover at the moment)

Old Apr 25, 2006, 1:07 AM   #7
mao

Love the lighting on this one...a little more face would have helped but you can't control the canids.....Looking good.....Mark
mao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2006, 3:05 AM   #8

yes, nice shots

only thing i can think is yea maybe add a lil fill flash to get rid of shadows and maybe cut exp back maybe 1/3

ken
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote