Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old May 6, 2006, 1:03 AM   #1

Thoughts and critiques welcome
Attached Images

nelmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 8, 2006, 4:07 PM   #2

No comments? Just trying to re-request some critiques.
Old May 8, 2006, 10:32 PM   #3

it's hard to critique a shot like this... it does have a certain "Star Trek" look to it, but as a photographic subject, it's difficult to know what you were after. from a composition standpoint, for myself, i'd crop it a bit tighter... all the darkarea of the keyboard inthe background doesn't really do much, since the focal point is the touchpad itself and the lights in front.it seems a bit soft, as though the focus wasn't quite right on, but that could be just the resizing needed to post it here...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2006, 11:51 PM   #4

G'day,

if you were to say look on google for this kind of shot, chances are you will find heaps...dozens....it looks like stock photography. Good for say an intel or ibm ad or similar.

As for the shot it needs to be cropped at the top to get rid of the screen as it is quite distracting. Maybe even crop it and put it in an envelope box. Top and bottom black borders.

Ollie
Ollie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2006, 7:40 AM   #5

Thanks for the feedback. Yes I was trying to fool around with some stock-like shots. I was also using the manual focus on my S5100 (not an easy thing to do by any means on this camera). The photo was taken in a dark room with only the light from the screen and on near the touch pad to illuminate.

F/3.1, ISO 64, 4 sec. I problably should have used a higher aperature as the 3.1 didn't allow the entire touchpad to be in focus. I'd say about 80% is. The blue light is slightly soft but the green/yellow is in focus on the full sized version.