Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jun 16, 2006, 5:42 AM   #1

Hi friends,

In the photo is Vu Ngoc Diep coming from Hanoi. She won the corona for the Miss Sea contest which was held in Vungtau last April 06's Festival. I showed this photo on some web sites but most of the viewers said they did not like the sinews on the Miss's neck but personally I like this since this was a rare moment I captured that she got too excited when was announced to be a winner. I could see the tears were then rolling from her eyes but my last CF card was full. :-(

Please give me your comments and critiques if you have any.

Equipment used is Canon EOS 20D, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM, Av mode, ISO boosted to 800.

Thank you very much and regards,

Quan

Attached Images

Quan Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2006, 7:03 PM   #2

Quan, I agree with your choice. What a wonderful capture and use of Bresson's decisive moment! Your image transcends the artifact of the occasion and reflects the joy of humanity.
tim da tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2006, 7:52 PM   #3

G'day,

I have to agree here. Although not something I would hang up it certainly holds a the veiwer captivated long enough to wonder what the next scene is. As you said she was welling up and in tears just afterwards and you get the feeling from the shot that this is fact what would have happened. Complete and utter joy at what has happened to her. For her it is one very special day and only she and those like her I would suspect can understand. Kind of makes you feel like there must be something out there worth winning that could have such an affect on you as much as this did on her.

Great shot , great composition and great colours.

Ollie
Ollie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2006, 10:10 PM   #4

Thanks Tim and Ollie for your kind comments. You know when I view this photo on my friend's CRT monitor it appeared that the skin of the lady was a bit red color cast. That was terrible but I could not see it on my office LCD monitor. I now hate the LCD monitor very much but dont know to to calibrate the monitor. I think the photo needs to be adjusted a bit in PS to balance the color tone.

Regards,

Quan

Quan Tran is offline   Reply With Quote