Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jun 26, 2006, 2:04 PM   #1

The Uffizi Gallery is my favorite museum in Italy. I tried my damnest to get a night shot of it (and I did not bring a tripod) so I had to rest my Panasonic FZ15 on a pointy pole that stuck out of the ground. I did touch it up by removing noise through NoiseNinja, did some Unsharp Masking through PhotoImpact XL SE, and increased contrast by a notch. I also cropped it so that it fit the 8"x10" printable ratio but that's about it.

After I get a few responses, I'll post my own thoughts on it such as color, sharpness, light, and all of the other usual criteria for critiques.

Comp625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 29, 2006, 9:46 AM   #2

I like it. Your improvised camera support seems to have held the camera very steady. I think the lighting, colors, etc. are very appealing. All in all, good job.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2006, 3:16 PM   #3

What do you think of the red sculpture in the middle-lower part of the picture? Unfortunately, the camera focused on the landscape so it left that blurry (as I would have preferred to have everything in focus). I have tried touching that up but I stink at software PP, haha.

Speaking of post processing, this picture was originally quite noisy and the colors were dull as a result. That's why I was a bit leary of the picture as I put a lot of effort into salvaging the shot. I just hope that some won't think it's over-processed...but it was the only way to make the shot look good in the end.
Comp625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 4:51 AM   #4
blr

Comp625 wrote:
Quote:
What do you think of the red sculpture in the middle-lower part of the picture? Unfortunately, the camera focused on the landscape so it left that blurry (as I would have preferred to have everything in focus). I have tried touching that up but I stink at software PP, haha.

Speaking of post processing, this picture was originally quite noisy and the colors were dull as a result. That's why I was a bit leary of the picture as I put a lot of effort into salvaging the shot. I just hope that some won't think it's over-processed...but it was the only way to make the shot look good in the end.
I don't think it looks overprocessed, at least at this resolution looking onscreen.

The foreground looks a bit dark to me. You can try to lift it up slightly using shadow/highlight tool or curves in PS
blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 9:13 AM   #5

To me, the sculpture does not seem to fit the character of the place.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote