Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jun 27, 2006, 9:14 AM   #1

Can you guys help me select the best angle for this shot.Is an old feed supply store which still operational.This is where we get our feed for our horses. Icould get the feed on a bigger-better looking establishment and save a few $$$. But this one is locally own......and I like the people there.

This is the backside of it. There is an "access" road and train tracks next to it. I like the backside of it because is the side that must people get to look at (its backside faces the highway and the downtown area). The building is in the middle of town and I don't know how long it will be around. I'm planning on re-shooting it after I get some input from you guys. I will also select a better time of day for the shooting (it was getting dark when I took these pics).

Thank you!

Kaspian

Attached Images

Kaspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2006, 9:15 AM   #2

Here is a slightly different angle of it.
Attached Images

Old Jun 27, 2006, 9:22 AM   #3

And like I mentioned before, it was a little late in the day for the shots to be taken (around 8:30 pm, see exif info). I just need help selecting the right angle for the shot.

Thank you!
Kaspian
Old Jun 27, 2006, 10:06 AM   #4

I like the second angle, only because it shows more of the railroad track.
fullerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2006, 11:08 AM   #5

Kaspian wrote:
Quote:
Can you guys help me select the best angle for this shot.
Try shooting it from a little further away.

Like Florida! :-)
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2006, 1:18 AM   #6

i like the 1st shot because you can read the sign and see what the building was/is used for.

but i like the railway tracks in the 2nd

sorry not much use :roll:

bloater

www.megap1xel.co.uk

bl0at3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2006, 4:21 AM   #7

The first one is better because of what you can make out fo the building. A little further back would be better though so you see more of the train track.
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2006, 8:09 PM   #8

Thank you all for your input!:-) I'm trying to capture the sign on the building and some of the train tracks. I'm probably gonna have to focus on just the building and forgetabout the tracks. But I'll try some of your ideas first.

Kaspian

Old Apr 19, 2007, 6:26 AM   #9

I agree about the second one.. more of the scene visible. But it seems that all you need to make it better and whole is the wide angle.. Is this available for you? I don't have it on my cam available (unless I ll buy the proper lense).. So I am avoinding getting pics where I can see it's missing.. Conserving my nerves.
DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2007, 6:58 AM   #10

I think getting behnid the train tracks (To the left in your first pic), and shooting the building straight on would certainly give it that "small town" look you might be looking for. It would be rally, really nice if late in the evening, the sunset hit the building, and gave it that warm, evening glow to the buildings. Or, if the sun sets behind it, getting a sillouette of the building, but you said you wanted the sign. Another option might be kind of like your second shot, look down the rail road tracks at a very low angle, and include the buildings to the right of the shot (Take a tripod, and try to get everythign in focus). I hope these help. I grew up in a very small town (Fairhope, AL), and it's losing it's character that it had man, many years ago. I totally understand your reasoning behind your photos.
HughesInNC is offline   Reply With Quote