Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jul 20, 2006, 12:34 PM   #1

I visited the Sundial Bridge in Redding Ca. a few days ago. It is a working sundial and footbridge. I took, what I thought were some interesting photos of the bridge from a different persective. I was hoping that others could view and comment on the picture. Thank you in advance for your critiques.
Steve

I removed the other shots per the forum guidelines. I felt compelled to leave the full view for a reference.

And here is the complete look at the bridge for comparison.

smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 20, 2006, 2:09 PM   #2

These are really wonderful. Great motion, depth and of course color! #2 is my absolute fave (a shot I would print a 16x20 of if I were you!), but also really like the way you framed #4 with the sun.

(soapbox sidenote) It's great to a community devoted resources to such a dynamicpiece of sculpture/architecture, and not just billion-dollar monuments toprofessional sports teams.
urbanaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 4:20 PM   #3

Love the third one best since it covers corner to corner. My favorite type of composititon of this type of capture.

The last one is also very good in showing what it looks like complete.

Note: This forum allows on post per picture for a critique. I believe it is rule number four. Just so you know.

Thanks for posting Steve,

Tom

P.S. I will be posting some shots taken with the 18 - 200mm VRII lens soon (attached to D200). I will PM you when I do.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 4:43 PM   #4

Oos! Thanks for the heads up Tom. I am eager to see what that new Nikor lens can do. I am still patiently waiting for mine.
Thanks for the comments.
Steve
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 4:53 PM   #5

No problem. I find it terrible that this lens is so far behind in getting out. I was just plain dumb lucky to walk into my local camera shop when they got two of them andone was sold as a kit with the D200, instead of the 18-70mm that comes with the D70, D70s.

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote