Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Aug 3, 2006, 10:36 PM   #1

What is wrong with this photo.
Attached Images

Imacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 8, 2006, 12:30 PM   #2

I wouldn't say anything is "wrong" with the shot, but I personally think the background is too busy and doesn't compliment your subject.It may have helped to decrease your depth of field. Also, the flash bouncing off the dogs white furmade the lightinga bit harsh.

Just my humble opinion.
Point-N-Shoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2006, 3:12 PM   #3

Thank you, point i will work on the backrounds. Other people said the same also. But some my photos are just for me to practice in manual.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 6:33 AM   #4

I played with your pic a bit, hope you don't mind.
Attached Images

kung-fu-alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2006, 6:42 AM   #5

Nothing is "wrong" with your picture, the dog looks miserable but cute, as all animals usually do in pictures.

To me personally the image does not speak to me, its a dog sitting there looking at something. If you had panned out the image and maybe put the dogs lead n front of it, then the picture would come alive and say something, and people would look at the little dogs face and think, ahh poor little dog wants to go for a walk.

Or if it had some ripped newspaper around it and had one paw hanging in the air with that look on its face, then the pic would say something like, sure I did this, but im really really sorry.

But like I said, there is nothing wrong with your picture, it is all downto perspective.

I recently put a photo I thought was certifiably crap on this forum, and ran a poll asking if I should delete it or keep it, almost every one agreeded with me that it was crap, one guy even asked me why I even bothered to take it.

Then one of the Moderators left his comment about it, and it totally changed my view of the photo, now I see it as a wonderful shot depecting early morning, even though it was taken at about 8pm.

And if you are worried about this shot being wrong, you should see the pics I tried to take of the Moon last night with using my tripod - you would die laughing at them.

kung-fu-alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2006, 11:12 AM   #6

Knug I see what you did and makes since to me with the photo. My dog always looks like that. I just took her on 5 mile hike. She was very tired. She a jack russel and always on the go. The backround was to busy.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 9:16 PM   #7
rey

Another thing to try is shooting within eye-level of your pet. It usually turns out better.
rey is offline   Reply With Quote