Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Aug 13, 2006, 6:33 PM   #1

This was taken several weeks ago while out west. I'm considering entering it in a local photo contest. Critiques would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx,
Ron

surfnron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2006, 9:31 PM   #2
rey

The color is great and the placing of the sun is perfect. The only thing I want to bring up is that the water line is down the middle. It'll probably look better if it's 1/3 up or down the image, but I don't know how you would crop it without losing the tree stub on the bottom or much of the sky on top.
rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2006, 12:39 AM   #3

This picture will work as noted by the other poster if: the middle of the lake is raised to the second third of the frame from the bottom. This way it retains the lead-in from the lower left, balance on the right.You won't have as much sky at the top but that won't be necessary because if you will notice there is enough empty space at the top of the frame that can be eliminated. This will also place the mountain top within an acceptable distance from the top of the frame.

Scroll to the bottom of the picture, line it up from there with the space alloted on this webpageand you will see what it is I'm talking about.

From that point on the photograph really works well.
Andrew Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2006, 6:19 PM   #4

You know, iI played around with this one so many times, I forgot to crop this one just above the clouds...
Thanx guys,
Ron
surfnron is offline   Reply With Quote