Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Aug 14, 2006, 6:13 AM   #1

Hey, just signed up to the forum i couldnt really find a fuji forum but this forum had all makes basically so i thought id sign up ive been into photography for a while now but only have a Fujifilm S5600untill i can afford an SLR, anyway i just thought id put up a picture i took and would like your feedback
Attached Images

deen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2006, 6:28 PM   #2

I don't think this photo does anything for me. There are some focussing issues going on and I find the picture too bland for me, good try though.
Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2006, 4:04 AM   #3

Sorry deen this does nothing for me eather, the lighting is not very good. :sad:
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2006, 5:32 AM   #4

G'day,

welcome to the forums firstly. Secondly I have to agree almost with the comments made so far. Except that I think the shot has a bit more merrit. A few things. The clarity of the shot needs to be fixed, and shall assume you didn't use a tripod either. It will help alot. Secondly the background leaves alot to be desired with all the bright spots and is very distracting to the veiwer. Depth of field could be deepened as well with more in focus. Other then that though this shot isn't that bad. Some fake splatters of bloody and raw meat on a chopping board just in the background would look cool I think.

I did a quick edit and changed the levels and highlights etc. Also did a really quick edit of the bright areas.

Ollie

Attached Images

Ollie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2006, 6:19 AM   #5

sorry deen welcomefrom me aswell, don't let this put you off, keep at it,good luck.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2006, 9:28 AM   #6

hey all thanks for the pointers! i knew there was a problem with the focus of the picture i was wanting the front edge looking sharp but i didnt focus enough and the rest of the things you pointed out are a lot more clear now, i like the edited picture, well done! dont worry im not easilly put off either lol :roll:

i was just kinda experimenting with that picture see what the cameras like, ive only had it about 1 month or so ill be posting some more pictures up see if there is any more you can help me out with
deen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2006, 2:16 PM   #7

Hi and welcome to the forum Deen.

I wouldn't say the shot was totally lost sure there are the obvious focusing problems, and some light issues too, and I guess the subject matter is not really going anything, it's a giant knife, and its there. But all is not lost, I actually liked the shot, as it was a great image to play with.

Years ago when I was student, I played around with photographing using T-Grade film, I remember it had a beautiful gain to it, and even the simplest of objects made great subjects with this film.

So I decided to try and give your shot the same treatment, I am ot saying it is a dramatic improvement, I did it to show you what could be done with a shot that is essentialy hashed up a bit.

Hope you don't mind me playing with the image.

KFA

Attached Images

kung-fu-alien is offline   Reply With Quote