Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Aug 15, 2006, 11:30 PM   #1

Here are two shots of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. One that focus on lines and shapes and the the other that focus' on its placement on the harbour. Please tel me what you think.

Admins if you think this is better suited for the architecture section and/or here as well please copy or move as deemed appropriate, but I would like some C&C either way.

First shot is called "A Million & One Coat Hangers" and the second is named "Black Rainbow".

Ollie

Ollie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2006, 4:42 PM   #2

Hi Ollie,

The Black rainbow picture has an awesome composition. The curvy bit leading off the bridge has a good visual impact. I always wondered whether there is any way to avoid objects like the lamp post to get the same composition .

The million coat hangers I am not sure whether there is too much of details that makes the picture a bit cluttered.
balmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2006, 4:59 PM   #3

# 2 is great -very creative idea and well executed. #1, as already mentioned, is too busy.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2006, 7:24 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies guys appreciated. I think that the first shot is meant to be cluttered in a way. If you drive over the bridge like I was at the time you can't really get away from the enormousness of the bridge and you get enveloped in it when viewing it from this particular angle. Unfortunately I didnt have time to try other compositions.

The lamp post was ineveitable but also part of the scene. I would have to of ps'ed it out or used a good wide angle lens which I don't have.

Ollie
Ollie77 is offline   Reply With Quote