Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Aug 20, 2006, 12:42 AM   #1

Thoughts? How is this one compared to the other 2? This one is before the sun went below the horizon so the colors aren't as pretty but the sun rays are really nice. So what are your thoughts everyone?
Attached Images

nelmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2006, 6:42 PM   #2

Looks great, but the pic is a little small for my liking, and that looks like a stunning sight to see. I heard once that there is time for the photograph, AND time to just enjoy the big picture, I'm sure both were amazing.
Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2006, 8:35 PM   #3

Sergeant,

I can understand it may be a bit small. All my images I post here are a maximum of 500 pixels for the longest side (unless it is a panorama which is 640 pixels).

My reason for this is simply because my best shots I post on my website and this is the size that works best not to mention that smaller sizes is my method of anti-theft control. I'd prefer not having to put watermarks or copyright text on images and instead have them be clean. So small is my compromise.

However, I can post a slightly larger version (640 pixel maximum) of this image for you to enjoy:

Attached Images

Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:05 PM   #4

Nelmr, have to agree with Sargeant, I really like the details of the larger post. Just a postcard perfect shot, though! I'm always trying to get sunset pix but never have gotten anything as nice as this ... especially barring the location. So jealous btw!

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2006, 9:06 AM   #5

A wonderful picture....thankyou for sharing this intimate moment in Paris.
fish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2006, 9:54 AM   #6

I just viewed your other 2 sunset pics and wanted to say that this one is the winner for me.

This one for me has the balance the other two don't. There is more of the trees on the right which has equal frame with the buildings on the left.

Also, even though there is morecolour in the sunsetof the other two, the defining beauty for me is not the depth of colours but the rays reaching from the heavens which is missing in the other two.

This picture has the extra something that takes it from merely agood picture of aromantic scene to one that makes me feel like I have shared in an intimate moment with the photographer, the landscape and the beauty of life. I 'feel' the moment of beingpresent when this shot was taken. That was missing for me in the other 2.

The softer colours(from waiting till the sun had set more) keeps in with the romance and class that this picture elicits. I take that over the 'prettiness' of the richer colours in your other two.

Just my humble opinion
fish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2006, 10:15 AM   #7

Thank you all for your comments. I too love the rays in this image. I wish it had the colors of the other sunset scenes but the sun was still fairly high compared to the others which is the reason for less color.

Nevertheless, I've added this image (along with the other sunset image) to my gallery at http://www.mattspinelli.com/gallery.html as I also think it is one of my better pictures form my trip.