Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Aug 21, 2006, 8:09 PM   #1

My wife and I were out on the deck the other night andthis shot came to mind - what do you think?

JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 22, 2006, 4:19 PM   #2

John,

I really like the potential of thisshot. I like thesharpness, colorandand reflectionin the first glass. IMHO I would like to see the second glass a litte more in focus and clone out the white part if the background for it is a bit distracting.

Keep shooting

Mugmar
Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 1:39 PM   #3

Hi, I just bought ACDSEE Pro, and thought I would have a go at editing your image, I hope you don't mind?

As for your original image, the orange background sets off the red wine, and the placing of the glasses, and small reflections of light give it a nice warm romantic feel, in my opinion.

Apart from cropping I cannot honestly tel you what I did to your image, I basically tried everything the package had to offer on it at least once, and thought it only fair that I show you how I murdered it.

Sorry about the crap result.

KFA
Attached Images

kung-fu-alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 1:45 PM   #4

I really like the colors, the composition and the DOF. Two hands laying over each other in the OOF background would have rounded out the interpretation...just my opinion!
urbanaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 2:07 AM   #5

DOF is great but i think maybe if the closer glass was maybe pushed over to the right it would balance it out

great work

ken

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 7:55 AM   #6

Thanks everyone for some great ideas. It's always good to have constructive feedback - gives me more to think about the next time.

I really like the idea of having the hands in the background although I think my wife would have brained me if I lugged out the tripod so we could pose. As it is, she roles her eyes when I bring out the camera - of course you can see it doesn't stop me :-)
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote