Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Aug 24, 2006, 12:59 AM   #1

this is my first time posting here, I am not sure how to get the pictures into the post because when i try it tells me the pics are to big. but anyway I love photography but am way an amature and would LOVE to have all the critiques you can dish out. What can I do better. Please check these out at http://xjratblog.blogspot.com and let me know.I love this site you guys are helpful and knowledgable. I have been cruzing this place for a while now and just got the nerve to post.Canon S1IS no filters in these shots.also what is the best way to post pics here.
xjrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 24, 2006, 7:06 AM   #2

You can use a program like IrfanView http://www.irfanview.com or any other photo editing program to resample your pictures down to around 640x480 pixels or maybe a little smaller, and "save as" something other than the original file name (so as to not overwrite your original), and try different JPEG compression values until you get a file small enough to upload.
This one was a 948k JPEG file at 1280x1024 pixels, so I resampled it to 640x513 pixels, then saved it at 75% compression, which got it down to 48.8k.

Attached Images

Tom LaPrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 12:53 AM   #3

Thanks Tom I will try that. I have a Mac and I also have Canon Image browser as well as Photo Shop which I havn't used much so I just need to practice. Did you check out the pics on the link though? I promise it isn't a trick to get people to my website or anything, just a way to post the* pics...
Old Aug 29, 2006, 1:07 AM   #4

Just click on one of your pics to get it open in a new window, right click to view properties, copy the url and then in the new post window or reply window, click on the little white square with the three small circles, then paste that url there, hit enter and you have this: One of xjrat's pics...
GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 2:03 AM   #5

Ok Here we go I think I got the resizing thing done with photo shop. I will try the GoCubs tip later as the website seems to be down at the moment! Thanks though. This was in texas w/ Canon S1Is no filters* What would you do with this what could I do better?
Attached Images

Old Aug 29, 2006, 11:16 AM   #6

Here is another one. Thank you Cub guy It worked great.