Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Aug 28, 2006, 7:44 AM   #11

kenmck15 wrote:
Quote:
Nice shots

I picked the bug shot. Just mainly pp techniques. Maybe boost the mid tones and saturation and unsharp mask works a treat on bug shots. Hope you dont mind, see my quick edit below

ken

Damn Kenmick. . .nice work! On second thought. . I do kick ass as a photographer!

I can't get over how much better that looks. I'm really going to have to come up to spead on my post processing work. What software package did you use for the pp work? I keep hearing of this "unsharp mask". is that solely a Photoshop variable or can it be found in other packages as well?

soliz39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 4:03 PM   #12

soliz39 wrote:
Quote:
kenmck15 wrote:
Quote:
Nice shots

I picked the bug shot. Just mainly pp techniques. Maybe boost the mid tones and saturation and unsharp mask works a treat on bug shots. Hope you dont mind, see my quick edit below

ken
Damn Kenmick. . .nice work! On second thought. . I do kick bottom as a photographer!

I can't get over how much better that looks. I'm really going to have to come up to spead on my post processing work. What software package did you use for the pp work? I keep hearing of this "unsharp mask". is that solely a Photoshop variable or can it be found in other packages as well?

Hi Mate

the shot wass a very nice starting to point to play with.

I use adobe photoshop cs2, as im sure most ppl in this forum do. I think unsharp masking is a ps thing only, but im sure most oher branded programs will mimick this in their own way. Mid tones were adjusted using levels, and just by sliding mid tone bar to the right and pulling in lo and hi light bars also. Saturation was boosted quite a bit.

Indeed applying unsharp mask really brought out those tiny details which makes the bug that much more interesting. Again as this was a nicely focused shot the final result worked well.

Need any help or better explanation just pm me

best regards

ken

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 4:04 PM   #13

""
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote