Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 26, 2002, 11:13 PM   #1

Default PIM and Epson Driver Settings?

Hi all. I am really enjoying my new 820s. My main question is regarding PIM in conjunction with the settings in the Epson driver. It seems as though when using Film Factory for prints, I am unable to check the PIM print box if the driver settings are anything other than the Automatic mode. But yet, in order to bump the photo print resolution up to 1440 or 2880, I need to go into the Custom mode and change settings there. When I return out of the driver and back into the Film Factory, the PIM check box will not activate.

Does this mean that when the driver is set to anything other than "Auto
" that the PIM values are not used for print optimization? If I print in Auto mode and check the PIM settings, how can I be sure that I am printing in either 1440 or 2880 as I do not see any other way of making those settings in the auto mode? If I do a boarderless print (8x10) with PIM on, will the picture print in the highest resolution possible, or will it maintain whatever dpi the pic was taken at?

My camera is a 4.0mp PIM enabled camera (Minolta F100). I guess I am a little confused as each of the various setting the drivers and software provide. The main reason I went with an Epson printer is because of the the PIM based functionality/quality. From what I can gather, the PhotoEnhance settings should be used on lower-res pics?

Can anyone help me to understand this a little better? Any help would be gladly appreciated!

TIA!
JNGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links