Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 23, 2005, 2:16 PM   #1331

Does anyone know of a CD label printing program that can adjust the center circle size from a minimum of 22mm to a maximum of 37mm. The Canon program will only allow a max of 27mm center circle size.

Thanks.

raaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 3:06 PM   #1332

raaone wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone know of a CD label printing program that can adjust the center circle size from a minimum of 22mm to a maximum of 37mm. The Canon program will only allow a max of 27mm center circle size.

Thanks.

Under Cd label Print - [File] [Select Paper]
Select new paper type

You may use define the circle size to just about any number
Inner size 17mm to 113mm
outer size 22mm to 118mm
This range is adquate for "most" media types with some exceptions like full faced media with a printable area well to the edge of the disc, but for the most part 118mm is the absolute outer edge in most cases.

Attached Images

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 4:04 PM   #1333

Cool, thanks.

raaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 5:51 PM   #1334

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
Dan Keezer wrote:
Quote:
Just thought I'd update everyone, the slim dvd case seems to be too good to be true. It worked perfectly for a few days and now i'm having some alignment issues followed by the tray getting jammed in the printer... It seems the center peg clip has trouble holding onto the disk after a while and the disk now has a tendency to come off of the tray inside the printer. Unfortunately the printer doens't recognize the the disk has been freed so it continues with its alightment process and the disk ends up being pushed into the plasic piece the blocker piece was originally fixed to.

this is probably why the real design doesn't use a clip mechanism. ahh well, would have been pretty amazing if it held up.
Yes, the only point that the printer even looks for the disc is when accept the tray, and even then I believe it looks for the reflector just fore of the hub. This is something typicaly absent on most designs as it's not required except perhaps for mini-cd detection and or hockey rink/business card detection. I'm not sure which.

The real design does use a clip, just not of the of the same style. It looks like those dvd cases are nice in the fact that downward pressure releases the clips and allows disc removal, where canon and epson use two edge clips that just clip and unclip via force.

Perhaps you can adapt a slim jewel case to your application. Those typicaly employ tripple clips on a hub that does not release the disc when downward pressure is applied. You'll have to make both the hub and the disc ring more shallow but this can be done with sand paper i'd imagine. Width wise I measure this jewel mini as being 131.5mm wide. Height 124mm. A long box I measure at being 132mm to 134mm. So one could in theory

1. Sand down the sides of a slim jewel to a width of 131mm
2. Sand down the hub and plastic sides to a depth of 2.54mm or flush with an inserted cd
3. cut a long box circular providing a about a 122mm circle or so. Glue flat long box plastic to mini jewel base One may wish to cut away the outside square edge of the mini jewel to make this easier.
4. Cut long box material for the fore and aft so the piece remains flat on the bottom. One can go hog wild a repeat this for the aft piece so the tray remains the same basic length as a factory one 239mm. A long box is only 190mm.

Either this or... use a hole saw on your long box tray and replace the center hub with that from a mini-jewel shaved to the proper specifications.

I think one of the major problems other than the slim case's ineffective hub clip is also that the slim case is made of a much lighter plastic that is quite bendy. After a while I think the tray becomes deformed, but i'm not sure. I think I may try your instructions for the slim jewel case alone... or I'll just make another cardboard one.. whatev
Dan Keezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 6:29 PM   #1335

winifreid wrote:
Quote:
I could do everything except step five. I do have have canon ip300 listed in the drop down. Is there a way I can add it?
Thanks alot.
Try updating your version of Nero. It's on my drop down list and I didn't do anything to add it. Make sure you've selected the "disk 1" tab. It won't show up if you haven't.
jim5554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 7:34 PM   #1336

Dan Keezer wrote:
Quote:

I think one of the major problems other than the slim case's ineffective hub clip is also that the slim case is made of a much lighter plastic that is quite bendy. After a while I think the tray becomes deformed, but i'm not sure. I think I may try your instructions for the slim jewel case alone... or I'll just make another cardboard one.. whatev
Well I just tried shaving a mini-jewel tray base. 40 strokes on the side with 120grit paper, both sides that is seems to have reduded the width enough. Presently it's just over 131mm wide. will have to experiment later to see if I can attach a fore and aft flap to make this mini jewel a tray. Shaving off the sides seems to be the most tedius part, but can be done in under a 1/2 hour or so. Shaving the hub does reduce it's ability to clip to a degree, but it's more stable than my epson hub. I don't have decent calipers to test thickness but with a disc the sanded mini-jewel base looks just over 2mm where 2.54mm is the offical outside thickness.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 1:49 AM   #1337

Lost Post ...........

I read all 68 pages of this topic three times ..once for info and twice to find a post that listed all the eprom reset functions ( I failed) ... we use 4 resume to get to the CD/DVD printing function but this post showed all the others .. I believe the waste inkreset was three resume ... etc.

Can anyone remember where the postwas (page #) .. did they save it and would they care to repost ... or link ..... Thanks
rocor98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 2:44 AM   #1338

rocor98 wrote:
Quote:
Lost Post ...........

I read all 68 pages of this topic three times ..once for info and twice to find a post that listed all the eprom reset functions ( I failed) ... we use 4 resume to get to the CD/DVD printing function but this post showed all the others .. I believe the waste inkreset was three resume ... etc.

Can anyone remember where the postwas (page #) .. did they save it and would they care to repost ... or link ..... Thanks
http://pixma-faq.cjb.net/

I keep useful information like a link to the service manual under "Links to useful sites".

specificly the service manual would be here
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/equipment_mfg/Canon_22.html

All the options such as waste reset are located in it.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 3:13 PM   #1339

wmh wrote:
Quote:
I have two cannon printers, an i860 and an i6000D. I would like to know if they can be modified to print cds/dvds and if there are trays to be purchased for these printers. Help!

WMH
This is an old post but I know someone here asked about the i960 and i860 before regarding CD printing. Unlike the pixmas they do require a tray guide unit and employ the use of tray type A unlike the pixmas.

TRAY GUIDE UNIT PN: QM2-0626-000
CDR TRAY ASS PN: QL2-0348-000
TRAY, CD SUB PN: QA4-1117-000

Clear instructions for these printers can be found in german on this site
http://www.druckerchannel.de/artikel...37&seite=1

I stumbled upon this when I was looking for ip4200 information. I haven't looked at this too deeply as I don't have an i800/900 series printer but thought it would be useful enough to post here in the event that someone was looking for the parts for the older printer.

Old Sep 24, 2005, 3:50 PM   #1340

Jim, Could you try looking at the info for that paper stock and post here? I have Nero 6... but I haven't installed because I am so used to 5.5 and, until now, it did everything I wanted.
Thanks
winifreid is offline   Reply With Quote