Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 5, 2005, 10:03 PM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4

I am interested in acquiring this printing as a traveling printer. Is the US model of this printer variable voltage. (I.E. 100-240 volts 50/60 hz)?

I was in the store, but they had none out of the box. But the box I looked at said it was. However reading the reviews list the power as 110, not 110-240.


Rojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2005, 6:30 AM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 208

Can't help you with that, but you could always get a 'Switching regulator', kinda little box that converts the required voltage, you could of course use an 'auto transformer' type but these are a little bulky and heavier. You won't want a big one, just take a look at the power consumption label on the device, and get one equal to or greater than the 'wattage' required.

The size that you probably require should sit easily on the palm of your hand, an 'auto transformer' type will be easily three or four times as big and heavier, if not bigger.

'Just another way of getting round the problem, this also applies to other devices, but stress what voltage it is required for before purchase'.
davy is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:27 AM.