Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 7, 2005, 2:52 PM   #1

i just got an ip6600d and i also got a "b type" tray off of ebay and it fits, and ive read everywhere to try and get it to print on cds

has anyone figured out how to activate cd printing on it yet? i cant even get into the service mode to start.
punkskasucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 25, 2005, 12:55 AM   #2

I have been able to get the printer into service mode and change it from non-cd version following the procedures here:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=40

A few notes:

The small piece of plastic was easily removed.

Since there isn't a resume button I've found the the Stop/Reset button performs the same function.

When I set the destination itchanged from US V1.02 to EUR V1.02.

I had already installed the drivers so I needed to change the registry key.

I have not received my tray yet so I have not tested the printing so if you have good results please post them.
toodvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2005, 10:08 AM   #3

thanks, i got everything set up

the only problem i am having is the cd print alignment, i cant seem to get the printer to print up those crosshairs on the cd for me.

other than that it works great
punkskasucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2005, 11:55 AM   #4

punkskasucks wrote:
Quote:
thanks, i got everything set up

the only problem i am having is the cd print alignment, i cant seem to get the printer to print up those crosshairs on the cd for me.

other than that it works great
http://pixma-faq.periastron.com

I have a page on alignment
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 12:07 PM   #5

Did you ever find out how to put the ip6600d into service mode and activate CD printing?
jim-bobway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 12:17 PM   #6

I am wondering also cause I am considering the 6600D but would like to try printing DVDs also....

Already have 2 epsons that print on DVD's but have never tried cannon b4.How does cannon compare.

Where on ebay do you find the parts to make these 6600d printers into DVD printable printers???

Why is the US version crippled????
plumpkatt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 6:45 PM   #7

plumpkatt1 wrote:
Quote:
I am wondering also cause I am considering the 6600D but would like to try printing DVDs also....

Already have 2 epsons that print on DVD's but have never tried cannon b4.How does cannon compare.

Where on ebay do you find the parts to make these 6600d printers into DVD printable printers???

Why is the US version crippled????
It's hard for us to know why the US version is crippled, I assume it has to do with license fees that Philips requires. I assume Epson is willing to pay them while Canon is not.

As far as cd printing goes I am one who prefered the Epson r200. The colored dye ink is more dence, looks good on most media types without tweeking, and I could get away with using non-printable so long as I was willing to wait a month for it to dry. But I switched to the canon ip3000 because I consider it to be a more reliable printer. No matter which way you cut it printing with a 4 color printer costs less than a 4+2 color printer. And as a refiller Canon wins hands down, canon's warranty service from my experence is better.

Old Nov 21, 2005, 7:34 PM   #8

Can you succesfully refill the 6600D easily??? Do they make a CIS kit for the 6600D yet?

I have a CIS kit for my epson r200 and r800.Just cant find one for the Cannon 6600D.
plumpkatt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 1:04 AM   #9

plumpkatt1 wrote:
Quote:
Can you succesfully refill the 6600D easily??? Do they make a CIS kit for the 6600D yet?

I have a CIS kit for my epson r200 and r800.Just cant find one for the Cannon 6600D.
I don't know about the 6600D, you'll have to see for your self.

I don't know of any refill kits for the ip6600D as I've not seen chips for this printer yet. I imagine you could make one your self if you so desired so long as you were willing to diable the ink meter when it thinks the OEM tanks are empty.

Old Dec 13, 2005, 10:51 PM   #10

Here is a link for refils for the CLI cartridges

http://www.atlanticinkjet.com/Canon-...asp?Nation=CAN
crazynewfie is offline   Reply With Quote