Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 22, 2005, 7:48 PM   #1
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 64

I had a Pixma 8500. I sold that because I got into photography and wanted to print larger pictures as portraits. I bought the Canon i990 because it takes 13 x 19" photo paper. I can't find a picture frame to mount it in. Even if I print the portrait at 12 x 18" I still can';t find a frame.

I was told to get a larger frame and put a mat around the picture but I don't know how to do that. Does anyone know of an internet store that sells 13 x 19" frames?

Why would a printer company sell paper that you can't find a frame for? If they made the paper 14 x 18" I could get all kinds of frames for the portraits. I am all confused!!!


Tonyv49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 23, 2005, 11:57 AM   #2
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 47

There are companies that sell frame kits that you buy pairs where each kit has only two sides. That lets you mix and match sizes. Here is an on-line example


Note, this was a result of a quick search. I have not bought this brand of frame.

You still need to get a piece of glass custom cut to fit the frame. Note that if you frame the picture without a mat, it will touch the glass. You may find the ink sticking to the glass if you try to remove it later.

kenww is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:37 AM.