Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 8, 2002, 5:42 PM   #1

Default S9000 with Profiler Prism rocks

I got a Canon S9000. The prints are really nice. I switched over to TylerMartin.com inks because I can get them as low as $2.50 a cart in sets. The colors were a little different in the prints however and that was bugging me.

I love Qimage, it is the best printing progam out there, so based on the reputation of Qimage I bought Mike's Profiler Prism. Wow, the colors are spot on now and I am impressed impressed impressed.

If you don't have Qimage or Profiler Prism it is something that should be considered. I recommend them both highly.

Pete
Peter Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 9, 2002, 6:52 AM   #2

Peter Gregg said
> I got a Canon S9000. The prints are
> really nice.

I have an F9000. I'm not sure if the hardware/ink is any different from the S9000. The quality is great and the speed is suprising.

>I switched over to TylerMartin.com inks >because I can get them as low as $2.50 >a cart in sets. The colors were a little >different in the prints however and that >was bugging me.
A 60% price saving is quite a temptation.

>I bought Mike's Profiler Prism. Wow, the >colors are spot on now

Are you saying that you use this in conjunction with TylerMartin.com inks to improve the results?

A little more, in your own words, about how you set this up would be interesting.
This profiler works with the monitor and the printer?
anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2002, 1:34 PM   #3

THe S9000 is Canon's large size printer based on the S900. It is very new to the market. I am not sure what the F9000 is.

Yes, I use the Profiler Prism program to give me exact colors on a particular paper.

It works like this. You buy the program and you get a CD with the software and a correct color chart that has over 170 colors on it. With the software, you also get a file of the same color chart that was in the package. You print out a 5x7 on your printer on the paper you want to tune in. Then you scan in the correct or "reference" color chart along with your printed color chart on the SAME scan. You save it as a tiff file then open the Profiler Prism software and import the scan. It diagnoses the correct color chart against your printed chart and corrects all of the 170 plus color spectrums. As long as you can produce a good scan you are home free.

i have made a profile for each of my different papers. I have a picture of a rose I took myself. No matter what paper i print it on, it always comes out with the colors spot on when I use the corresponding profile.

It takes longer to type this than it takes to do it, so it is pretty easy. As long as you can read directions you can do it.

The 2 faults I find with the program are - A) THe directions are too clumped together in run-on paragraphs. Breaking up the paragraphs would make them much easier to follow along. You can do this yourself by copy>paste into Word and breaking it up yourself.
B) If you can't get a good scan, there should be a cost option to mail your printout in and get an acceptable scan. The scan is everything. The better the scan the better and more accurate your colors.

Pete
Old Jun 9, 2002, 1:36 PM   #4

I guess I should add that Profile Prism is part of the Qimage family. You can see the programs at:

http://www.ddisoftware.com

Pete

[Edited on 6-9-2002 by Peter Gregg]