Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Plug-ins & Actions (Photoshop and compatible)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 5, 2007, 10:26 PM   #1
Senior Member
Imacer's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 474

How could I blur the backround on a photo?
Imacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 6, 2007, 7:41 PM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Indian Rocks Beach, FL
Posts: 4,036

If you are using Photoshop do a Google search for photoshop selection tutorial. Modify that for whatever editor you are using. You need a real editor and not a viewer or organizer like Picasa or Irfanview. You might also look up photoshop mask tutorial as that is another good way to select something. There are many ways to select and it has use for many purposes. It is basic to image editing, so it is worth learning.

Once you learn to select your subject you can invert the selection and use a blur tool. If you select the background you can directly blur.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2007, 3:51 PM   #3
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,427

In photoshop duplicate your photo, go to filters blur- gaussian blur slider the slider to where ever you want, or how much you want the background blured, then add a mask click on mask then paint with a softish brush back in what you want to be in focus, as was said there are many ways this wayis quite easy. Hope this helps.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:02 AM.