Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Nov 16, 2005, 9:55 PM   #1

I have a Pixma 4000 and I'm using Ilford smooth pearl paper. I've downloaded the Ilford profile for my printer and I've set it up in Qimage. What I'm not sure of is what I should select when setting up the printer to print (things such as paper type, color management.....). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
str1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 17, 2005, 7:49 PM   #2

For any downloaded profile to be useful, it must come with instructions on how to set the driver. If those instructions aren't included with the profile, I would suggest contacting the creator of the profile (in this case I would assume Ilford) to obtain the settings needed as the profile is really of no use without the required settings.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 1:05 PM   #3

It came with instructions but they're for Photoshop not Qimage. I was hoping someone else had used the the same paper with their Pixma 4000.
str1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2005, 6:05 PM   #4

The PhotoShop instructions can easily be translated to Qimage. The most important settings are the driver settings that tell you what paper to select, what quality and printing type, etc. Do they give you that info? If so, set the driver as outlined and just set Qimage's Prtr ICC to the ICC profile. That's all you should need to do. If you like, post (or point to a URL with) the PS instructions and I'll give you the Qimage equivalent.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote