Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Remote Control (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/remote-control-46/)
-   -   Nikon SDK - MAID3 Module help please.... (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/remote-control-46/nikon-sdk-maid3-module-help-please-142355/)

mindbender Jun 9, 2008 2:49 PM

I have a copy of the Nikon SDK MAID3 API. I need someone with good experience in "c" or c++ and preferably in C#. I am writting an application for the D3 and D300 and any technical advice or sample source code would be greatly appreciated. I have a good portion of the application completed so knowledge can be exchanged.

thank you,

Chris

julien_olivier Jul 7, 2008 6:58 PM

Hello, I bought a Nikon P5100 for microscopic usage but cannot control it ... I'm a C/C++ developper with strong experience (>15 years) and interested in helping you to write code samples & libraries using the Nikon SDK, if it's working with my P5100 ...

Let me know if you are still interested.

cesc Aug 4, 2008 11:12 PM

hi chris

I bought a Nikon D300 and i'm a programmer. I'm interested indeveloping the application, buti didn't havethe SDK.

Applying for the SDK needs three months. it's too long for me.I can't wait.

Do you mind emailing me a copy of SDK??

I think we can share the final result.

[email protected]

thanks for your help!!!:cool:

Subcam Sep 9, 2008 3:36 PM

Hi Chris,

Did you ever make any headway with the Nikon SDK? I have an applicaiton that needs this so it would be great to get some advice before starting.

thanks,

Brett

Nail59 Sep 18, 2008 6:15 PM

All - Found this thread interesting.

Am trying to setup a truely remote apllicationwhere the camera and a small single board computerwill be connected via a spread spectrum radio (wireless good for 10-20miles) to my home. The computer will control theremote shooting of a nature sequence and image transfer to itself in PTP mode using Camera Control Pro software (or custom software written using the SDK). The computer will wake up each day, power-up the camera and wireless and then listen to the wireless for a shooting profileand transmit the images from the previous day back to home.

The cameraand wireless are powered down and the computer placed in sleep mode when not in use as a power conservation measure. The issueis that there appears to be no way to get the camera to power-up in PTP modenor a way to get Camera Control Pro software to command the camera to PTP mode. PTP mode is set manually by going thru the menu system at the camera body.

Two questions forthis group; 1) does the SDK have the hooks to allow the camera to be placed in PTP mode and 2)is there a way to set the camera to power-up in PTP mode?

XStone Nov 20, 2008 5:15 AM

cesc wrote:
Quote:

hi chris

I bought a Nikon D300 and i'm a programmer. I'm interested indeveloping the application, buti didn't havethe SDK.

Applying for the SDK needs three months. it's too long for me.I can't wait.

Do you mind emailing me a copy of SDK??

I think we can share the final result.

[email protected]

thanks for your help!!!:cool:

Hi,

PLEASE, can someone send me the SDK, too?
I want to make a simple C# App to access my photos in my D300...
I really don't want to wait for 3 months :sad:

Please(!) send it to: "BKeirinn_ _ _ gmx.de"
(please replace the "_ _ _" with "@"

Thank you! :-)

romeostr Dec 24, 2008 1:09 PM

HI,

I am looking for the Nikon SDK (I belive MAID3 API) Can you help me to get it?

my email [email protected]

Thank you.

tazer Nov 2, 2009 9:13 AM

I dont understand wy you look for the SDK, he is in fre download in the Nikon web site, I have downloaded the D80 SDK freely if you wante it i can send to you.