Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Ricoh

Old Oct 13, 2006, 8:58 PM   #1

If you are thinking of getting a wide angle 28mm pocket digicam, take a look at my 28mm Digicam Shootout. I compare the following cameras:

Canon SD800IS
Canon SD700IS
Panasonic FX-01
Ricoh R5

You can also download full-size samples from all 4 cameras. Visit my page at:
http://www.w4rmk.com/canon/canonsd800is.htm
w4rmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 19, 2006, 4:24 PM   #2

The 28mm Ricoh GX8 is a great camera too.
Rollinux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2006, 6:51 PM   #3

w4rmk wrote: It seems you have not completed your findings or what your keeping is there a conclusion to the test ? Or am i missing it ?. Good test though .:shock:
Quote:
If you are thinking of getting a wide angle 28mm pocket digicam, take a look at my 28mm Digicam Shootout. I compare the following cameras:

Canon SD800IS
Canon SD700IS
Panasonic FX-01
Ricoh R5

You can also download full-size samples from all 4 cameras. Visit my page at:
http://www.w4rmk.com/canon/canonsd800is.htm
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 11:43 AM   #4

was reallly considering the R5 primarily because of the 28-200 zoom... but from the looks of it i will be backing down on this

are there any 28mm cameras with a 1/1.8" ccd or am i stuck with 1/2.5"?

the sony w100 would be perfect but it's 38mm
CVonV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2007, 8:41 AM   #5

I bought an FX01 as a companion camera for my V-LUX 1. It would be very hard to change to anyother 28mm cameras after using the fX01. Build qulity is excellent, everything works as it should and is in the right place on the camera.I never print over8X10's and have found very few times where I needed to use a noise removal program. O'h yeah, there's the price to consider also, though, if there was enough difference I would pay it.

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2007, 1:09 PM   #6

d-sr wrote:
Quote:
I bought an FX01 as a companion camera for my V-LUX 1. It would be very hard to change to anyother 28mm cameras after using the fX01. Build qulity is excellent, everything works as it should and is in the right place on the camera.I never print over8X10's and have found very few times where I needed to use a noise removal program. O'h yeah, there's the price to consider also, though, if there was enough difference I would pay it.

Don
Ive just bought an Fx01 ex dem shop seller on e bay for £77 uk came complete as new .Thought up to now on the Fx01are as follows ,I bought it for the 28 wide lens . its a nice enough spec for a small cam, I was not happy at first with the small weak flash but thenI found found that+ 2/3 the flash is much more usable at 100/200 iso, and funny thing the white balance on auto indoors using + 2/3 is perfect without its pink tint I got without . Still not as powerfull as my fuji F11/ f30. but indoor shots are nice up to 10 /12 ft now. Out doors its nice to have the 28mm wide angle BUT to be honest the two fuji have it imo for IQ but still testing . Bought a crumpler john thursday 55 case perfect fit for theFX 01 ,my two fujis live in the slightly bigger 60 case, these bags are so well made and hang around your neck by a singlelynyard suplied reallycool ,Btw the biger 100 model fit my FZ2 just as well ,smallest bag ive found for the fz2,I do love the crumpler range and have one of there pizza medium on order as they fit the Fz 20 just great and like all crumplers dont look like a camera bag so much , sorry to go off subject a bit this like the others is a great forum and a great site thanks STEVE , Rodo.:crazy:
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 6:32 PM   #7

Has the FX-07 replaced the FX-01?How is teh picture quality of the Panny? Read that panannsonic is quite bad picturewise.Alot of noise tec.

The size of the Ricoh R5 really springs out at me.

Great test...frankly I am also looking at the exactly the same cameras.

With Fuji Fseries as the main competitor.
alden is offline   Reply With Quote