Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Ricoh

Old Mar 5, 2008, 6:25 PM   #1

Well its R7 vs DSC-T50

1. I choose R7 due to a smaller size and wieght then R8. Its just a little bigger then T50 and it actually wieghts less.
2. T50 has a better built quality then R7. It feels like R7's zoom and shotting buttons are about to fall out. R7 came with dead pixle on LCD which is realy visible
3. Ricoh could have done a better job with LCD screen (i know R8 has this improved). Its too noisy and sometimes the colors are way off (its not that bad)
4. ISO and lens performence of R7 are clearly better then T50s. I tested ISO 400 on both cameras and R7s images had less noise and were brighter.
5. Also LCD on R7 is pretty bad with finger prints. You can see every single print and they are hard to get rid off.
6. The T-series slider is something i will miss if i decide to keep the R7
7. Still waiting on Fuji F100fd. Also has 28mm wide angle, less tele, and alot more user friendly features.

EDIT:

8. Unlike Sony, you dont need specieal cable to hook it up to PC and you dont even need to power the camera.
9. There is alot of talk about how loud R7 is, I can only say that it is louder then most cameras, but I have no problem with that. (i actually expected it to be even louder)
kolyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 5, 2008, 8:04 PM   #2

made a decision to return R7: the camera didnt feel solid, had dead pixel, LCD screen is not great, I could not see anything on LCD in dark places where my old T-50 was just fine, I could not focus in places where my T-50 also had no problems. and just a note, I found that in AUTO ISO mode the camera did not show what ISO setting it was using, not while shotting, and not while viewing the image.
kolyan is offline   Reply With Quote