Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Ricoh

Old Nov 10, 2004, 10:08 AM   #1

Am very interested to hear how the R1 handles a tele zoom lens.

Please fill me in if you've tried it out or heard about it.

Thanks
Squizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 11, 2004, 6:42 AM   #2
blr

The R1 works quite well at the tele end of the zoom, with good sharpness and contrast
blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2004, 7:50 AM   #3

Sorry I should have been clearer.

The R1 has an optionaladd-on telezoom converter available and I would only buy the camera if it worked well with this function (I want to 'shoot' wildlife and print the photos).

So has anyone tried the suggested add-on R1 telelens converter and maybe even printed up a photo or two. I'm also interested to know if you've tried attaching other maker's telelenses to the R1.

Your comment probably still stands - the Ricoh is good at it's inbuilt tele zoom, so it's probably good with the teleconverter. But the teleconverter optics (?) may not be good...

Squizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2004, 5:32 AM   #4
blr

Squizz wrote:
Quote:
Sorry I should have been clearer.

The R1 has an optionaladd-on telezoom converter available and I would only buy the camera if it worked well with this function (I want to 'shoot' wildlife and print the photos).

So has anyone tried the suggested add-on R1 telelens converter and maybe even printed up a photo or two. I'm also interested to know if you've tried attaching other maker's telelenses to the R1.

Your comment probably still stands - the Ricoh is good at it's inbuilt tele zoom, so it's probably good with the teleconverter. But the teleconverter optics (?) may not be good...

Sorry, I didn't get that the first time. I haven't tried the teleconverter and didn't even know that you could attach one. Since the lens works fine at the tele end, as you said it would depend on the quality of the converter.
blr is offline   Reply With Quote