Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Ricoh

Old Feb 8, 2005, 12:00 AM   #1

hello

i just got a caplio g4 , it was a demo model marked down and did not come with any software.

ive emailed ricoh and the links i was sent only take me to the firmwire upgrade page .

i need the download software for the caplio g4 (i think the g3 software will also work)

can anyone help me ?

either with a link or perhaps email me the software if its not to big ? much apreciated

reguards

matty

ozematt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 8, 2005, 7:25 AM   #2
blr

I checked the Ricoh Europe website. The software can be downloaded at

http://www.ricohpmmc.com/uk/support/...inxp/g4wxp.asp

It's the first item from the top under software called something like caplio_uni-software.exe

Check it out, I think this is the one.
blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 7:18 PM   #3

thanks

ill give it a go

matt
Old Feb 9, 2005, 4:02 AM   #4

Matt, all the Caplio series from RR-30 to the R1 can use the same and latest software.

http://www.ricoh.com/r_dc/download/sw/win/caplio/r1/

Go here and get the file. You might have to uninstall the RR-30 software 1st.....not sure about that, dont quote me. But it's allways best if you totally remove the old software and do a clean install.

Or buy a card reader and never load camera software again...Best thing to do.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 4:59 AM   #5

hey snappy

after about 2 hrs of mucking about i finally gt it to work. i needed the software to work as the camera is being used on various work pc,s

i removed all the old software .(i had rr30 stuff on there) and started again.

i do like the idea of a card reader though , i actually got a vosonic vp6210 for xmas which is a portable storage that can be used as a card reader.

any suggestions fora usb card reader that could be switched between various pc,s?

the camera itself seems to work well, it apears to cope with high contrast lighting better than the rr30, and the images are as sharp as i would expect from a ricoh.

why doesent ricoh just make all of its cameras just work with windows xp without the need to install software?

anyway enough waffle thanks for the help all

matty

Old Feb 11, 2005, 5:44 AM   #6

Matt,

Card Readers are simple devices and most wont need software with XP. You should be able to plug them in to each PC on your network as needed.

Let us all know how the G4 goes....is it the G4 or the G4wide? I'd like to hear what the extra 7mm focal length (35mm equiv) is like.

The G4 is about a 35mm wide angle, the G4wide about 28mm (35mm Equiv)
Old Feb 11, 2005, 6:53 AM   #7

hey snappy

its a g4 (not wide) i would have liked the wide as i believe it does audio as well as video. but the g4 was the only one on sale $290. aud

im quite happy with it so far, although ive mainly been using it to take photos of gas meters for my work. not a very artistic subject.

it does seem to peform well giving sharp images.

comparing its peformance to my rr30 it has faster focus,start up time, and seems to cope with difficult lighting situations better.

saying that i still like my rr30 and have got some goodshots with it for a camera of its type ,particullary when using it under water.

thanks for the links they did the job

matt
Attached Images

Old Feb 13, 2005, 12:17 AM   #8

Great Starfish picture!

Just thinking back, the RR-30 hit the market at $699.00. Prices have dropped so much in the past 2 years.

The G4 shares a lot common parts with RR-30. Same CCD and the lens is interchangable too. I'm guessing the G4 processes the information better to create the images.

Old Mar 27, 2006, 4:23 AM   #9

Hie

I have a G4 wide.I tried the link below but still the camera could not connect to the PC. It kept on flashing the red and green AF lights but not connecting.I wonder if the drivers do really work.Please any advice will be much appreciated.

Maviza:sad:

blr wrote:
Quote:

It's the first item from the top under software called something like caplio_uni-software.exe

amaviza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 4:23 AM   #10

Hie

I have a G4 wide.I tried the link below but still the camera could not connect to the PC. It kept on flashing the red and green AF lights but not connecting.I wonder if the drivers do really work.Please any advice will be much appreciated.

Maviza:sad:

blr wrote:
Quote:

amaviza is offline   Reply With Quote