Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Ricoh

Old Aug 7, 2005, 8:23 PM   #1

Hi guys,

I have been having some problems with my Ricoh RR30 that I am hoping someone can help me with.

I can no longer turn on my camera. When i press the on/off button, the little red and green light in the top left (above the screen) come on, but they don't flash like they use to in the past. Nothing else comes on or happens at all (ie the screen doesn't turn on, the lens doesn't pop out, etc.) The same thing happens if I try to connect it to the computer - the lights come on but it doesn't go any further than that (ie Windows doesn't even recognise it as being connected).

I have tried some of the suggestions on the board already, such as unscrewing the lens etc. but nothing has worked - its like there is a bug somewhere in the early startup phase of the camera as it doesn't even attempt to wind out the lens at all, and nothing happens anywhere except for the 2 little lights. Whats more, I can't turn the camera off except by removing the batteries. I have tried with different batteries too, and also recharged the battery fully and tried again.

Thank you to anyone who can help with this matter.

WATTO
[email protected]
WATTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2005, 4:49 AM   #2

Watto

I'm not much help but I have the same problem, have tried new batteries, but no luck just the red & green lights flash then beeps 4 times and turns off, must be some way of a hard reset or something.

BH
bssmhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 7:57 AM   #3

yeah i dunno, i tried everything but still no luck. I emailed the tech support and they just said to send it to them and get it checked out - I havn't done so as of yet though, just desided its cheaper to just borrow my parents camera when I need it. Shame, cost me a sweet packet too

WATTO
Old Oct 11, 2005, 7:24 AM   #4

Watto,

try and reformat the SD card. It could have a corupt file that is causing the camera to hang.

Also try to reinstall the latest firmware. Download that from Ricoh's web site.

If that fails and I suspect it will the camera should be sent back for repair.

snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:51 AM   #5

Hi mate,

Thanks for trying to help, but I have already tried all your suggestions to no avail. When hooking the camera up to my pc it just hangs, and Windows doesn't realise that it is connected at all. Thus, when I try to install the Firmware, it complains that the camera is not attached.

In regards to formatting the SD card, I have tried the camera without the card in it (just using the internal memory) but it does the same thing

Thanks for trying, any other suggestions would be great

WATTO
Old Oct 14, 2005, 6:28 PM   #6

Try putting the firmware file on a SD card and instead of trying to install via the usb cable.

Sounds like the main board is rooted...

snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2006, 1:14 PM   #7

The same problem knocked on my door ;-(.The camera does not start up with the same symptoms. Please tell me if someone coped with the problem and revived RR30? Thanks a lot. Regards
Uriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2007, 5:08 AM   #8

hi, my RR30 has the same problem as described here. Did any one work out what was wrong or manage to get the problem fixed?

Thx
epic999 is offline   Reply With Quote