Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Samsung NX

Old Dec 31, 2010, 6:55 AM   #1

Default First time out with the NX 100

I received the Samsung NX100 for a Christmas gift this year. Here a few snaps from my first time out. I must say I really like this camera. It came with the 20-50 kit lens that is more than adequate. The i function on the lens is a great feature and works well. The view screen is the best I've ever seen. The shape is not like any other, but it works and fits in your hands fine. The controls are easy to access and you don't need to fumble though lots of menu screens to make adjustment. My only real issue with this camera, the finish is smooth. A rubber textured finish in key area's would make the grip feel better. I ordered the Samsung NX to K mount lens adapter. I can't wait to try it out with my Pentax limiteds.

You can see the full size photos and data here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steelma...7625577007523/

Thanks,
Stevie
Attached Images

StevieRaveOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 31, 2010, 2:24 PM   #2

Here is one using the NX to Pentax adapter. FA 77mm
Attached Images

Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:21 AM   #3

This camera looks very interesting-I have quite a few Pentax lenses including (3) of the Limiteds-the DA 40, DA 70, and DA 21. How do the Pentax lenses perform on this? Any additional crop factors, etc? Thanks
DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2011, 5:25 PM   #4

I can only speak for the Samsung brand adapter. It works really good. All manual focus and aperture. It takes a little getting used to. I used it on many of my Pentax lenses without issue. I must admit the Samsung 20-50 lens that came with the camera is quite good. I find myself using it more often than not. The I function on the lens is really a nice feature. I'm very happy with the results from this camera. The sensor is APS-C so the crop factor is the same as the Pentax DSLR's. I cannot confirm this but it my be the same sensor used in the K-7 and K20d Pentax. Others on this forum would know more about this.

Hope this helps.
Stevie

Last edited by StevieRaveOn; Jan 19, 2011 at 5:27 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:36 AM   #5

Thanks for the quick reply-I was hoping that my Metz 48 AF 1 Flash would interface with this camera-according to Metz it won't. Adding up the price of the camera, Samsung flash, and the adapter makes it an expensive system. This will have to wait. Thanks for your info.
DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 7:49 PM   #6

Just got the NX100 with 20-50mm lens for $349 at American TV in Wisconsin. Also, going for a great price is the 50-200mm for $99 and flash for $49. Promotional deal. I passed on the latter two as I wanted the compactness and no flash anyway. The amoled screen is just awesome. Head to head features from the NX10 makes this one a great buy. I will be trying out my K mount lenses on this.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2011, 7:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vIZnquest View Post
Just got the NX100 with 20-50mm lens for $349 at American TV in Wisconsin. Also, going for a great price is the 50-200mm for $99 and flash for $49. Promotional deal. I passed on the latter two as I wanted the compactness and no flash anyway. The amoled screen is just awesome. Head to head features from the NX10 makes this one a great buy. I will be trying out my K mount lenses on this.
I got the same deal on Saturday in Marquette, MI, but I also got the 50-200 II zoom. I want compact too, but sometimes I want/need the longer reach. I also did not get the flash, but may weaken and get it this week, since the sale is continued this week.

I've taken several photos since Saturday, but I really like this one taken in our backyard today. I read a lot of negative things about the Samsung RAW developer (Silkypix), but so far it's pretty good, and then I follow-up on Photoshop Elements 8, and a little from Noiseware Pro. This is cropped quite a bit, so glad to have all the megapixels to play with.

SAM_0143SilkypixE8 by dhc42, on Flickr

Dennis
denncald is offline   Reply With Quote