Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Samsung NX

Old Mar 21, 2015, 3:50 PM   #11

Samsung NX500 + Samyang 500mm / 6.3 ... no sun

DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2015, 7:50 AM   #12

Samsung NX500 + 16-50 PZ

Old Mar 22, 2015, 2:32 PM   #13

macro tubes $45 (incl.ship.)

Last edited by DonalDuc; Mar 22, 2015 at 6:46 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:36 AM   #14

macro tube 10mm

Old Mar 23, 2015, 3:58 PM   #15

Quick question for those of you who already have the camera. My back dial is a lot easier to turn than the top one, is this the same on your camera?

They both work just fine, but it'd make me feel better knowing it was by design.
Defiant00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:56 AM   #16

Yes, so it is ;-)
Old Mar 24, 2015, 11:38 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post
Yes, so it is ;-)
If that was in response to my question then thanks, much appreciated.

Coming from older m4/3 (GX1), this camera with the 30mm lens is really impressing me so far. Resolution and sharpness is amazing (I was minorly concerned about whether the lens would be good enough to out-resolve the sensor but shouldn't have worried), and high ISO looks really good for the resolution.

Also, huge respect for Samsung for including a RAW to DNG converter. Being able to use Lightroom 4 (yes, I'm due for an upgrade) with my brand new camera is great.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 8:09 PM   #18

Alright, I swear I'm not trying to be that guy with all the nitpicky questions, but I ran into this while shooting today and wanted to see if anyone else has seen similar occur. It appears that while shooting vertically, if the bottom 2/3 or so of a column of pixels is all black then the top portion will be darker.

I saw the same thing on the screen before I took the picture, but wasn't sure if it was an artifact of live view or representative of the actual image (I've attached the actual image and a version with sliders cranked way up to hopefully make it obvious).

Out of the few hundred images I've shot so far this is the first one I've seen this in, and when I tried to manually cause it I couldn't get it to occur in a significant way outside of this one image.

Image (look in the sky above the light pole):

Moar contrast and circled:

Now, from what I can tell this only occurs if the black is blocking all the pixels from the bottom, if I tilted the camera a bit when taking that picture so the pole wasn't straight then the dark area disappeared.

Anyways, just another "does yours do this" question I guess. Since it shows up on the screen before you take the picture it should be pretty easy to spot if it does. Based off of my prior few hundred pictures, it seems to be pretty specific circumstances that trigger it though, so doesn't seem that hard to avoid.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 6:11 PM   #19

As an update, I tried to duplicate this again today and couldn't (at least not with overcast skies here), so I'm not going to worry about it.

If anyone else wants to test it out it'd be interesting to see if you can get your camera to do the same thing, but it does seem like it's a very specific set of circumstances that cause it, so I kind of doubt I'll see it pop up again.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 5:04 PM   #20

Viewer for NX500 - both magnifying 3x, both with glass lens

$10 - magnetic, no diopter, but usable with glasses

display moveable

$100 - Swivi ... adjustable, diopter, display fixed

Last edited by DonalDuc; Apr 11, 2015 at 5:07 PM.