Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Samsung

Old Sep 14, 2006, 6:29 AM   #1

I have a samsung digimax 6.1 and have been downloading photo's for some time without a problem. I think I have changed something in the menu of my camera and now my PC won't recognise the camera. I cannot find my instruction booklet and don't know what to do next. Can someone give me some user friendly instructions on how to change whatever I accidently did in the menu of my camera to get it back to the right setting!!

Cheers Sharon
sharden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2006, 12:34 AM   #2

While Samsung makes some 6.1Mp (S600, i6, GX-1L, V6) cameras, I can't find a model called the 6.1. Anyway...

I've heard some people have had trouble with the cable that attaches the i6 camera to a usb port. Maybe the usb port is disabled. Do you have, or can borrow a card reader? Or buy one ($10-20) Plug the card reader into your usb port and put your memory card in the reader. If it works, your cable or camera is to blame. If it doesn't work, your memory card has an issue. Can you take photos using both the internal memory and a memory card, and display them on the camera's screen?

There is no setting in the i6 camera menus to turn uploading on and off.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2006, 3:51 AM   #3

Sorry my mistake..........my camera is a samsung digimax V6. I am such a novice that I don't even know if I can take photos with the internal memory. I will try your advise......thank you very much for your help.
sharden is offline   Reply With Quote