Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Samsung

Old Oct 14, 2006, 11:08 AM   #1
J84

A few days ago i bought myself a Digimax L60 camera, after i read the review on this site offcourse. However, in the review it states that there is no option to enable or disable the movie stabilizer (in steve's conclusion). This seems not to be correct.

"... As for the movie stabilization, it didn't seem to do much at all, and there is no setting in the menu to enabled or disable it."

You can enable or disable it in movie mode, when the E button is pressed. By default it is disabled. When switched on, it clearly does have effect when filming.

J84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2006, 12:43 AM   #2

So how do you like the video on this camera? In reviews of Samsung cameras, the MPEG4 video doesn't always seem be highly rated when compared to other MPEG4 devices such as Casio etc. The video clips from this camera do look quite good to me but then one or two clips are not always representative.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2006, 8:07 PM   #3
J84

MPEG4 seems fine on this camera, the size of the video is very small compared to other (non-mpeg4) camera's, and the compression does not seem to affect the image quality. However, in low light conditions u do get some noise in the image, depending on the amount of light (or darkness).

Outside or a well lit inside room results in nice video quality with (almost) no noise in the image.
Inside room with low light gives some noise but is still acceptable.
Outside when it's dark or other poorly lit rooms gives a lot of noise in the image.
J84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2006, 8:03 AM   #4

so how's the image quality

how bad is the purple fringe issue?

I'm still trying to decide

thanks
syphon00 is offline   Reply With Quote