Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Samsung

Old Mar 26, 2009, 11:50 AM   #71

Can anybody who owns this camera tell me if it is normal for the lense to feel a bit loose. The lense on my Samsung WB500 seems to be slightly loose as when I shake the camera or touch the lense the lense seems loose and doesn't feel solid.

Also. is it normal for the videos to be NOT as good quality when playing through television or computer? I mean the picture is still the same good quality but the motion of the video seems rough on television and computer compared to when viewing through camera's display.

Please advise

Art
Artmuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2009, 10:54 PM   #72

Artmuzz wrote:
Quote:
Can anybody who owns this camera tell me if it is normal for the lense to feel a bit loose. The lense on my Samsung WB500 seems to be slightly loose as when I shake the camera or touch the lense the lense seems loose and doesn't feel solid.

Art
Yes I do feel that the lens is a bit "wobbly" when it is extended and moved around and I did wonder whether it was normal.

I looked at another camera with 3x zoom and it does not "move" that much.

I'll find another 10x zoom camera and see how it compares.
celsius2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2009, 10:56 PM   #73

DonalDuc wrote:
Quote:
I do not count hour & minutes - but it lasts long enough. No reason to buy a second battery.

It would be better, if it had mini USB for loading like other cameras. Even NV24 and WB500 have different loading plugs.

But thnx to normal USB at the other side you can use (with right cable) each 5V-USB-loading unit and 5V USB car loading unit.
It lasted 90 minutes continuous video (3x 29 minutes chunks) which is not great but decent. Many cameras canot last for more than one hour.
celsius2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2009, 5:55 AM   #74

Hi Palm

I bought my wb550 this week.
I am hesitating witch memory card to buy.
User manual says that the camera supports up to 8GB.
I saw you use a 16gb SDHC card.
I wanted to ask what type you use and if you hace no problem with it.

I am interested in a 16gb Trascend Class6 SDHC card.

Thank you a lot

Daniel (I am from Uruguay but I am living in Israel)

dany_uru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2010, 5:19 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post

I got my samsung WB500 yesterday and when i first took it in my hand i was afraid it had been damaged in shipping. The lens feels like it's shifting inside even when the camera is off. However, the camera is working fine. Can anybody who has this camera tell me if this is normal? I feel like my lens is not as "secure" as it should be, and I am afraid it will break easily.
mylifeforaiur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:59 AM   #76

No, mylifeforaiur-

That seem to be normal for the WB500. I notice that to last weekend when I was looking at the camera in a camera shop. The conclusion that I came to was thatbit of extra space allows for expansion and contraction of the lens barrel it self so that it does not bind while extending and retracting. So, it is apparently normal.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:13 AM   #77

Thanks, i was just a bit worried. But it does seem normal since everything works fine. I'm happy with it so far (at 160, it was a bargain), I just need to learn to shoot it now.
mylifeforaiur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2010, 3:58 PM   #78

I am working on getting an active WB-500/HZ15W thread going in this folder.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote