Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Samsung

Old Dec 23, 2009, 8:10 PM   #1

Default WB550 - anyone have it?

Hi there,
I am considering buying the WB550 - I posted in the what should I buy section and got no responses... so I Thought I would try here..
I am a very basic point and shoot kind of photographer... I am looking for something I can use for shooting family photos, kids at the park in school plays etc... I want at least 10x zoom
  • Budget - $250-$300
  • Good clear pictures - wont' be printing larger than 5x7 maybe occasional 8x10 but I want to occasionally crop the photos - on the screen the pics don't seem so clear but I am wondering about actual print out and on computer quality..I am less worried about the screen.
  • Easy to use in variety of settings inside and out - mostly will be in auto mode - although the option to control some stuff may lead me to learn more about photography which I have been wanting to do
  • Good Zoom - 10x at least - can't always be in the front at school plays etc when I have other little ones that require a quick exit...
  • Wide angle
  • Small size - so I can put in purse or diaper bag and not add a lot of weight
  • Movie mode is a nice bonus but doesn't need to be HD as I don't even own an HD TV - Zooming in movie mode is good but not essential
I think that the 550 does all of what I need but want to know from someone who has it and has used it. How do the pictures come out without a lot of manual tweaking etc?
I have seen a few threads about the WB500 but does anyone have the 550?
What are your experiences? Are you happy with it...
I am trying to decide between this and the Canon SX200
Thanks
nech770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 26, 2009, 10:39 PM   #2

SX200 is a great camera,very expansive,anyway I got Samsung WB1000,I could help because are very similar with 550 ...for now I can't say more than great for BUDGET(220€) the SMALL SIZE,I'm totally on the same page with you about this points,I 'm testing the camera than I will say more about quality,WB550 got more ZOOm and that's could a great thing
for now you can check

Last edited by glaeken; Dec 26, 2009 at 10:41 PM.
glaeken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2009, 9:37 AM   #3

thanks for the response... tell me more about the photo... iso, is this a 100% crop... pic looks pretty poor quality.
nech770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2009, 8:44 PM   #4

first 15 photos are from WB 1000...this device has some potentials.. quality image is not so poor... weird to describe...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fabiopirovano/show/
glaeken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2010, 1:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nech770 View Post
thanks for the response... tell me more about the photo... iso, is this a 100% crop... pic looks pretty poor quality.
I do not have WB500. But I can recomment a site for your info.
You may check user reviews below which has many pictures taken by WB500.

http://www.samsungimaging.net/catego...meras-reviews/
pass is offline   Reply With Quote