Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Samsung

Old Jan 21, 2010, 7:39 PM   #1

Default Tl225

I got this camera around mid November. I have not owned a point and shoot in a while so I was let down by the images somewhat. Now though I have come to really like this camera but really just for 2 things... the HD video and the macro / super macro modes. The HD video is great for sharing internet videos. They look fine on 12 to 13 inch screens at full screen but after than its best to watch them at reduced size. The only drawback I have found really is no audio during zoom. The video is not good enough IMO for HD TV playback but probably looks ok on 32 inch sets.

While the regular mode photos are not tha great, the macro and super macro are excellent. I have actually taken better pictures with the TL225 in this mode than any picture I have taken with my 7D and ironically one of the best pics I have taken with the TL225 was of my 7D

If you own this camera and have not done so yet.. try out the macro and super macro. I think you will really like it. Unfortunately my 225 is at samsung at the moment. Even though I have never used the camera for more than just macro photos on the counter top in my home, somehow something got on the sensor inside. Hopefully will have it back soon.
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2010, 8:44 PM   #2

Like the reflections in the lens, nice macro shot. Very impressive.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:26 AM   #3

widowmaker-

The macro ability of the TL-225 is rather amazing. How does the camera do with general photography? How about skin tones and High ISO capability? What is the difference between the TL-225 and the TL-230 other than the TL-230 does not have the additional LCD screen. Thanks in advance for the info. Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2010, 4:53 PM   #4

I have not shot much with it in normal situations. I will try to get some shots. As for ISO, after having practically any DSLR, there is no such thing as good ISO performance on a P&S.
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote