Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Samsung

Old Jan 6, 2004, 10:00 AM   #1

Default playing the V3 movie files on media player how??

Hi I have a V3 camera. when i capture vieo with it and try to play it on windows media player I get the sound but not the picture.

I have been to the samsung support who say click on a codec file on the included CDROM and install to pay but this does not work for me.

Has anyone else got this problem if so how do you play them, I want to use Media plaer rather than another app to play them

please please help this is driving me mad

cheers
LOC :x
the loc-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2004, 7:18 AM   #2

The problem seems to be in the Media Player (or Windows) itself. I have V3 too and have no problems with playing the shot movies. The movies are in a standard AVI format which is usually recognized my Media Player. You may need to re-install all you codecs or even Windows ;-(
Kirilius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2004, 11:44 AM   #3

i have the same problem. i play .avi files all the time on my computer, but am unable to play the .avi's captured on my digimax 3. it plays the sound, but will not play the video. this is not only in windows media player, but all players.

loc-man, were you able to solve your problem ?
loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2004, 4:22 AM   #4

sorry for the late reply been on holiday with my V3!!

Ok I formatted my laptop and tried to play V3 movies and they played and opened in media player no prob, sound and video

I then after a while had to format my desktop PC, this had a lot of DVD codecs, rippers, players and stuff installed and uninstalled on it so it was probably in a muddle. anyway after format, I tried a V3 movie and they played and opened in media player no prob, sound and video.

So I believe it was a muddle of the codecs or something, I didnt even have to right click the DLL file lke they say to do on samsungcamera.com FAQ

any luck since? is it possible for you to try this? do a GHOST or Drive image of your PC then do a format and try a V3 movie staright from there after a format if you can then return the image if you have to.

let us know cheers

LOC :-)
the loc-man is offline   Reply With Quote